PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Forums ?

BRUN
27-09-2005, 00:45
i know this really isnt the forum for it, but, its the most active part of the site really so i thought it would get the most attention in here

i just thought that this forum has too many sections

when its like that you tend not to look in them all, only a few

i only ever look in about 2 or 3

what do you lot think ?

Fatwilly
27-09-2005, 06:39
I like it the way it is..I enjoy browsing the forums.

northy
27-09-2005, 07:51
i just use the - read posts since your last visit - then i never miss anything thats been said.

NickFr
27-09-2005, 09:49
i just use the - read posts since your last visit - then i never miss anything thats been said.

Ditto.......you know it makes sense :wink:

BRUN
27-09-2005, 17:39
didnt even know you could do that

Lunner
27-09-2005, 18:15
I look in here, media pics, and viods, technical, and off topic

Andyvalver
27-09-2005, 18:17
didnt even know you could do that

Lol, me niether. Im using it now though :shock:

TriO`
27-09-2005, 18:31
same here, bit of a result someone said something... nice feature

LEIGH-ANNE
27-09-2005, 19:14

Yeah me too, i think it fine the way it is, otherwise it would all be muddled up and confusing this way it suits everyone i think. Even if u just tend to read 2 or 3 sections at least u go to a certain section knowing wot kind of things people will be talking bout

This is the only forum i use so cant comment on others tbh, but think its very organised so a thumbs up to the people that manage it =D>

BigBoreBri
27-09-2005, 19:34
Too many for my taste....

Have a look on SeatCupra.net forum tho, that will scare the hell out of ya!! :shock:

richy
27-09-2005, 19:39
i like it as it is myself, i look on most sections but post on the ones i need to, which varies lol :)

FATBOY
27-09-2005, 20:53
well heres my take on it! mr northrop i hope your listening!
personally IMHO i think the forum is much to cluttered, heres my opinions on the forum.

caption the picture merged into off topic, as its only one new topic a week started every week and it seems a bit much having a forum all to its self??? also e bay trumps, are we actually doing these things?? if we are then i would also merge that into off topic as well!

club announcements and web feedback merged together to form club announcements/web feedback.

modertaed posts should be deleted as were not really having many problems in that area as the site has gone back to being self moderated.

clio 16 valve and clio mark 2 should both be merged.

buying a williams hints and tips should be deleted,not many posts in there and there is always general discussion which peiopel can post hints and tips in!

all the above are just my ideas and i dont expect everyone to agree! lets see what happens tho eh guys!

:D

TriO`
27-09-2005, 21:22
Sounds good too be fair !! ^^ :D

Justin..
27-09-2005, 22:06
well heres my take on it! mr northrop i hope your listening!
personally IMHO i think the forum is much to cluttered, heres my opinions on the forum.

caption the picture merged into off topic, as its only one new topic a week started every week and it seems a bit much having a forum all to its self??? also e bay trumps, are we actually doing these things?? if we are then i would also merge that into off topic as well!

club announcements and web feedback merged together to form club announcements/web feedback.

modertaed posts should be deleted as were not really having many problems in that area as the site has gone back to being self moderated.

clio 16 valve and clio mark 2 should both be merged.
buying a williams hints and tips should be deleted,not many posts in there and there is always general discussion which peiopel can post hints and tips in!

all the above are just my ideas and i dont expect everyone to agree! lets see what happens tho eh guys!

:D
Agree with above except whats been edited in yellow

FATBOY
27-09-2005, 22:41
fair do's pal! i knew valver owners wouldnt like it! actually i dunno why i said about merging them actually!

northy
28-09-2005, 08:01
ive said for a few weeks that the forums going to be changing a little bit when i complete stage 2.

If i do it all now it wont look as impressive :wink:

ebay trumps is going as its harad to get a forum game to work.

caption the picture will stay where it is, and then a few new forums will be added and deleted accordingly.

Martin
28-09-2005, 09:44
I think 16v & williams general chat should be merged as on the french williams site..

northy
28-09-2005, 09:45
yep, all u need to do is look at the most active topics to see which ones are working.

Zollo
28-09-2005, 09:46
I think there should be a 'Other Clios' section instead. Mk2 Clio forum is a little quiet anyway. :)

TriO`
28-09-2005, 11:57
lets hope it stays that way :D :lol:

northy
28-09-2005, 12:05
lol... ^

FATBOY
28-09-2005, 18:22
sounds good! lets keep up the good work! :D

BRUN
28-09-2005, 18:28
Fatboys idea is exactly what i was thinking, apart from i think the 16v forum should go and general discussion should include valvers