PDA

View Full Version : renault immobiliser

lewis_willy2
26-09-2005, 17:07
central locking/immobiliser playing up?

basically i got a toad alarm and everything is fine locks and unlocks, but b4 my car starts i have to unlock and lock via my renault key fob which is also the immobiliser? correct?

but wen i press the renault fob nothing happens then 5-10 times later it will work, then i gotta unlock de-mobilise, 5-10 again b4 it works?

anyone else had this prob and know how to fix????

danfloun
26-09-2005, 23:40
central locking/immobiliser playing up?

basically i got a toad alarm and everything is fine locks and unlocks, but b4 my car starts i have to unlock and lock via my renault key fob which is also the immobiliser? correct?

but wen i press the renault fob nothing happens then 5-10 times later it will work, then i gotta unlock de-mobilise, 5-10 again b4 it works?

anyone else had this prob and know how to fix????

You have changed batteries havn't you!!!! :roll:
I've had 2 probs with mine over 5 years, 1st problem was when the seal on the sunroof got crappy and leaked right into the sensor. It filled with water, dumass design. Anyway, it went funny for a while untill it dried out.

Then one day I went to change batteries and on replacement of the fob batteries the immobiliser wouldn't respond, after a new decoder was fitted it was fine.

Recently, my key fob stopped working, so I turned off my immobiliser using the 4 digit code I have for my car, inputted via the button on the end of the remote radio control. That got my car running untill I got the renault to re-program the ECU.

You probably just need to go to renault and have it re-programmed. Whether it's a siemens ecu or windows pc, they all go wrong.

One more thing, the ecu's by default, are programmed to use 2 keys (apparently), so after so many clicks of one fob, you need to change to the other fob and so on. When I took my car to renault, I only had one key fob, so they had to tell the ecu that I only have one.

Don't know how accurate that is, but my brother has a mate who is an engineer there who told us that, and I was there when he did it.

Damn, wish I could get me hands on that laptop cable and software for diagnosing and config. Anyone!!!!

mon
26-02-2006, 00:13
hi

i have one key fob not working and one that does .. sometimes but this only happens if it is cold (very cold) i took the top recever out (the one on the roof line) and a get it warm and refit it and it works perfect .

renault say they can only reprogram the key fob that is not working

also is my recever knackered ???? never had this troble before i have had two of this clios