PDA

View Full Version : Lotus elise!?

JayR
26-09-2005, 07:59
Are they actually any good?

See one flying round a roundabout behind me last night so thought why not, dropped it from 4th to 3rd so not in a great gear considering i was only doing about 35 he initially pulled about a car as he had a bit better momentum than me im guessing coming off and then it stayed the same up til about 90!!!

Sounded very nice but for a supposed sports car i wasnt very impressed with it tbh!!!

Anyone had any do's? Were they made for straight lines or just for tracks?

Dancliovalver
26-09-2005, 08:29
from wat ive heard they have awsome acceleration but shite top end!!!
wouldnt mind havin a go with one down a DC

Zollo
26-09-2005, 09:02
A standard one will only do about 120mph, and they run outta guts very early on. Not really about power though, all about the cornering 8)

Martin
26-09-2005, 16:59
They did'nt impress me at ty croes maybe they were'nt being driven properly...

bigjim
26-09-2005, 17:45
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3508 :lol:

bigjim
26-09-2005, 17:46
not impressed, neither was his girlfriend iirc. pmsl. 8)

edde
26-09-2005, 18:16
I followed on one a track day at Elvinston my car and the owners were just the same no diofference we kept slowing down to let the other overtake. However my cars brakes were completly gone now with these brakes I recon I could pull a small lead.

On the track though there superb not very quick compaired to the Williams but the handling (although probably not the awsome capability of a track day racecar) they are superb funwith almost no roll. I'd love to have one for track days and normal driving but there a bit lighweight and noisy.

Best thing seems to be the potential for modifications another elise at the day had big brakes and super stickly tyres and was very quick. Also they seem quite easy on fuel and tyres (depends how you drive them).

FATBOY
26-09-2005, 19:01
there built in norfolk so what do you expect! lol