PDA

View Full Version : Curb slam has caused some problems!!!

danfloun
25-09-2005, 23:32
Hi I'm new so be gentle.. :D

Ok, a recent diversion near us has caused all the traffic including lots of wagons to come through our roads, other day I was coming to a junction to turn right and a f**king wagon nearly wrote off my car. I ended up taking major diversions of my own, and hit the foot high curb at the left side of my car.

So they wishbone had bent and the damn sub frame which I have replaced.
I have checked everything out visually but still have major steering/suspension problems. If any of you have driven without the anti-roll bar on, then the feeling is similar to that.

It's hard to explain but the steering seems to have a mind of its own, tracking will be out because of the smash and adjustments to the car. The car itself feels very sloppy and has no firmness at all. I cannot go very fast and there is a faint vibration/grinding noise when I turn in both locks. The vibration comes through the steering wheel, but only very faint.

I'm thinking it could be:
1. Struts bent, but would probably have to be both and I don't think they are. They are only around 6 months old anyways.

2. Steering Rack fooked

3. Track rod ends

4. Problem with anti roll bar though I have taken it off and it seems ok.

I cant believe its struts really, I cannot see that both stuts would be bent.

Anyone had any similar probs or know what could be the root of my troubles?

VIPERONE
26-09-2005, 08:15
im experiancing steering which is weird.. mainly due to the fact tracking is out and the drive shaft pin is missing