PDA

View Full Version : FAO all with stainless manifolds

richy
25-09-2005, 20:51
as above if you are running a stainless manifold ie supersprint or prowler or another make, can u just post on what u think to fitting/quality/improvements also what system do u run with it? were u got it from too

after looking at some at york im very tempted to say sod it and get one, will it fit williams cat for MOT??

cheers richy :D

summeh
25-09-2005, 23:05
hi mate, im running a supersprint, bought it from k-tec including de-cat pipe, all the gaskets etc cost was around £350 all included.

Definately worth it. Mine gives off a "raspy" sound. Its matched up with a standard centre section and Scorpian back box. When I replace the centre section it should give off more of a deep note, but the scorpian is quite "tinny" as it is, compared to the magnex which is more of a deep note.

Fitting was piss easy on my williams, 15 minute job to unbolt the old manifold, then just fit the new one, bang the down pipe up into it (slots in), bolt up, job done! Slightly harder on a valver cuz the manifold is harder to unbolt due to bolt access, never done one though so this is just from observation.

Mine fitted perfectly, and was an easy job.

You'll notice improvements in mid-high range. It will pull a helluva lot better between 70-90 you will certainly notice it, in 5th gear!

I got mine from k-tec, and there are two fitments available... both exactly the same design, except the mating flange on the downpipe->cat.

The valver version obviously made to fit a valver, with the flange offset at 90deg. So if you get one of these, you will need a valver cat, which is the same as any clio! (except williams).

Then the williams version, which has the flange offset at 45deg. this will only fit a williams decat and cat.

If you have a decat with floating flange obviously the only thing you need to worry about is whether your cat fits.

I went for the valver version because of availability of the williams version was around 5 weeks wait!

Good luck.

richy
25-09-2005, 23:37
cool cheers, i already have the scorpion system on which as u say is quite raspy, and already have a decat(williams fit) and newish cat i had to get thats why it would be nice to get williams fit one! :D
had a quick look at martins and northys and was impressed not really looked at them tbh untill now, but def gonna look at one! :D

stew
25-09-2005, 23:56
ive just fitted my supersprint manifold this week. was a bit of a job getting everything tightened up good and proper but its well worth it IMO. much more raspy - sounds amazing, and defo improvement mid range. still got a slight rattle that i need to sort, but other than that its all good.

northy
26-09-2005, 08:47
dont think they are worth £300 richy - although there is a small improvement - its not really noticable as tested many times against flaming monkey, our andy and jesus.

but if its fits like mine did - budget £90 to get the downpipe to cat remade.

richy
26-09-2005, 18:28
dont think they are worth £300 richy - although there is a small improvement - its not really noticable as tested many times against flaming monkey, our andy and jesus.

but if its fits like mine did - budget £90 to get the downpipe to cat remade.

cheers northy, will look into it anyway wont be till after donny i decide !