PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Feking Questions

NickFr
03-03-2005, 16:07
How many litres of oil are required for oil change?

I have big green filter lookin thing, how do you service/ clean it?

What sparkplugs do you recommend?

What normally gets changed/ done for a full service?

Do you always use genuine Reno Parts?

Sorry to be so dull but I seriously don't know, I really need you guys to take a gander at the motor and tell me whats what. Maybe at FCS :oops: :oops:

Cheers Nick :?

Winston
03-03-2005, 16:18
5 litres

Green filter cleaning kit

NGK Plugs of ebay - £5 (mat brown link)

Oil, Oil filter, air filter......Fuel filter/plugs

Only Renault parts that i can't get from GSF/ECP

KingStromba
03-03-2005, 16:27
5.5 litres oil in a Williams

Just get a new one. By the time youve cleaned it the cost and hassel its worth getting a new filter. I ceaned mine and spent £20 on solutions to clean it. £30 gets you a new one.

Differing opinions on plugs. Renault standard will surfice. Might be worth doing leads as well as distributor cap and rotor arm. Even i can do these.

Depends on the service. Usually all the fluids and a check of the car (brakes etc). Also coolant drain / replace and as above dissi cap and rotor arm with ingintion and coil leads.

I use genuine Renault when i need to.

Winston
03-03-2005, 16:59
If its an induction kit - Buy a cleaning kit/ Panel filter do as king says

Stromba sure you told me 5litres on cliosport lol

KingStromba
03-03-2005, 17:00
Deffo 5.5 plus a little squizn more.

FlamingMonkey
03-03-2005, 17:04
Best buyin 6 to be safe :lol:

dannyt
03-03-2005, 17:08
I normally buy 10 litres and then takes about 6 to fill and have some left to top her up and for the next service!

I'd either go for reno or NGK.

It depends what the car needs, but when i bought mine i replaced, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter, oil, brake fluid, coolant, dizzy, rotor, ht leads, spark plugs, gearbox oil, but that looked brand new anyway and i have yet to do power steering but thats on the list!

Danny

Swervin_Mervin
03-03-2005, 17:18
Now done:

Oil, oil filter, fuel filter, plugs, dizzy/rotor, PAS fluid, g/box oil. New ITG panel filter ILO K&N

Danny, the PAS fluid they put in yesterday (Slick 50) has made a massive difference. No more squealing at all (still did it a bit after I bled it at the w/e) and it's a bit lighter as well!

NickFr
03-03-2005, 18:55
If its an induction kit - Buy a cleaning kit/ Panel filter do as king says HOW CAN I TELL THE DIFFERENCE???

Stromba sure you told me 5litres on cliosport lol

Winston
03-03-2005, 19:15
If its in an airbox its a pannel filter
If its a cone shaped filter and not in an airbox its an induction kit

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Winston16V/Kif_0613.jpg

^^^Mines got an airbox^^^and a panel filter

NickFr
03-03-2005, 19:21
Thanx Winston, the one I have is conical and very big, I have looked on the net and other green induction kits look small in comparison. :?

What does it do??

Winston
03-03-2005, 19:25
They last longer than normal standard filters... 40k iirc...The willy has a big one lol a clean won't hert it I used to do mine every 20k

You should be able to get a filter cleaning kit from your local tuning shop?, it comes with a cleaning fluid and Filter Oil.

KingStromba
03-03-2005, 19:33
GET AN ORIGINAL AIRBOX AND PUT A GREEN / K+N PANEL FILTER IN IT

Induction kits are rubbish on the Williams.

Winston
03-03-2005, 19:37
^^The man has a point^^...........My ITG was only £20 and thats how much a filter cleaning kit cost.

Have you still got an airbox?

NickFr
03-03-2005, 20:19
Will need to check if I still have an airbox

Why are Induction Kits rubbish on the Willams, please explain KS, like you I need proof. All I know and again I may be wrong but the car goes very well, I will admit to being a little defensive here especially as I knew when I bought the car that it had been changed slightly.

I have therefore never driven a " standard williams " this car has been significantly lowered ( same as Fatboys mini Willy ) it has a 4 into 1 manifold ( I'm getting outa my depth here lol ) the ecu has been changed, the rev limit is up to 7200 and it has been chipped, I was told by Reno Motorsport, it has a Omp stainless exhaust. I have been told it is 180BHP. All I know is it is feckin quick and very loud. The windows have been properly tinted( bloody hot here) I can appreciate the ORIGINAL theme as cool, I will admit to being lured by the additional power and handling.

I am looking forward to your critiques and where necessary will make changes, is it an improvement on the original, doubt it but its fun, bit to low at the front :roll: You'll see her at FCS BE NICE :D

Winston
03-03-2005, 20:30
Its because the engine bay gets hot and the induction kit sucks in hot air....so an airbox with a good cold air feed works out better...nice cool air, plus the airbox is a good design.

KingStromba
03-03-2005, 20:33
Will need to check if I still have an airbox

Why are Induction Kits rubbish on the Willams, please explain KS, like you I need proof. Because the engine bay is very hot due to small spaces and so you end up sucking in hot air. As hot air is less dense than cold air (ie less oxygen per meter cubed) the engine produces less power.

All I know and again I may be wrong but the car goes very well, I will admit to being a little defensive here especially as I knew when I bought the car that it had been changed slightly.

I have therefore never driven a " standard williams " this car has been significantly lowered ( same as Fatboys mini Willy ) it has a 4 into 1 manifold ( I'm getting outa my depth here lol ) 4-1 manifold is normal Williams manifold, 16v has 4-2-1

the ecu has been changed, the rev limit is up to 7200 and it has been chipped, I was told by Reno Motorsport, it has a Omp stainless exhaust. I have been told it is 180BHP. All I know is it is feckin quick and very loud. The windows have been properly tinted( bloody hot here) I can appreciate the ORIGINAL theme as cool, I will admit to being lured by the additional power and handling.

I am looking forward to your critiques and where necessary will make changes, is it an improvement on the original, doubt it but its fun, bit to low at the front :roll: You'll see her at FCS BE NICE :D

Whatever you like Nick, its your car. The main thing is that you like it.

NickFr
03-03-2005, 20:40
Thanx for that, it makes sense about the cold air etc..