PDA

View Full Version : The same Mitchy!?!?

J o n
22-09-2005, 13:49
cant be... i remember this kid saying there's no way any hot hatch can keep with any turbo scooby at any speeds! wonder if that's because he owned one tho... say hello to the new fastest car on the planet... PMSL

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=458139&page=2&pp=20

Craig
22-09-2005, 14:04
hmmmm defo the same mitchy, but definately a better mitchy than the old cliosport days!

lol@these

You only realise that its not as quick as you thought when you actually leave the subaru badge behind! I was 1 of the worst for sticking up for the scooby when it was being flamed by the cliosport mob. Couldn't accept how the little tin sh*tboxes would get anywhere near my impreza, never mind beat it!

Yes i used to give you cliosport mob some hassle over stories of clio williams thrashing imprezas. I couldn't believe how a shi**y tin shed could keep pace with a 4wd turbocharged scooby. However after leaving the subaru badge behind, i now realise the stories were probably true

j3ned
22-09-2005, 14:23
THIS GUY IS A TWAT

northy
22-09-2005, 14:46
i like him. can we invite him on here....

but at 80mph williams 3 vs wrx import

wrx wins .....80mph in 4th (williams) (Maybe 4th / 5th in the wrx) both go for it - i get left behind.

Craig
22-09-2005, 14:52
is that classic shape?

my old one felt fast from high speeds, even in 5th. they have bags of torque, just they feel like they are towing a caravan with the 4x4 all the time!

get them cams in you girl ;)

NickFr
22-09-2005, 14:57
NO...can't be the same guy :shock:

FlamingMonkey
22-09-2005, 14:59
i like him. can we invite him on here....

but at 80mph williams 3 vs wrx import

wrx wins .....80mph in 4th (williams) (Maybe 4th / 5th in the wrx) both go for it - i get left behind.

Mitchy is already on here

northy
22-09-2005, 14:59
classic m reg wrx mate - import.

no idea what bhp its got, but in 4th and 5th i have no chance....need to get a comparrison away from some lights to stand a chance.

J o n
22-09-2005, 15:33
fill it full of passengers and you may have a chance Northy!

j3ned
22-09-2005, 15:53
260 bhp import on an "M" ( its bad news when your bird can waste you in her car ) :wink:

northy
22-09-2005, 16:00
260 bhp import on an "M" ( its bad news when your bird can waste you in her car ) :wink:

i know...been putting it off for ages but ive had a secret drive and its faster.

i was hoping paying jordy off to put too much oil in would slow it down !

J o n
22-09-2005, 16:24

i know...been putting it off for ages but ive had a secret drive and its faster.

i was hoping paying jordy off to put too much oil in would slow it down !

there's a better way to slow it down... you could drive it Northy ;)

mon
22-09-2005, 21:48
my mate had a sti wrx ra fast as f..k 4.7 0-60 12 to 100.. but i could not deal with that petrol gauge going down as fast as the rev gauge going up

i could of got it at good price it was mint but i did not live next to a petrol station

VIPERONE
22-09-2005, 23:48
the scooby engines are not strong enough to regularly rag... my mate just blown his 3 door p1..the goon.

Mitchy
23-09-2005, 06:56
THIS GUY IS A TWAT

LOL....Coming from an idiot that straps a 1.8t engine into a piece of shit fit for recycling into heinz beans cans :lol:

Why dont you just buy a nice car instead of wasting all your time and effort into something that is still worth 50pence! Did you ever sell that heap for £8000?? Thought not!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So easy to wind that scooby mob up! They are not grasping 4wd is a hinderance!

Even 4.7 to 60 and 12 secs to 100 is not that impressive as take away its 4wd 0-60 and your left with over 7secs 60-100.

Still fairly quick of course but not lightning speed that they would like to think. Im confident my car will do it in around 6secs and i own a 5 door family hatchback! They own a ''manly'' 4wd rally bred supercar! :lol:

Same mitchy all right, just wised up to FWD power :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Craig
23-09-2005, 07:13
the TT has had 2 offers for features, and is on the Renault website from RWS along with supercharged V6, and a track cup. 95% of people think its great! you are one of few that dont :)

top car IMO, and its only for fun dont forget!

and why are clios tin cans? every car is basically the same structure, just some are bigger than others! the bigger car owners fear the lightweight clio's as they need about 100+hp more just to keep up ;)

Mitchy
23-09-2005, 07:46
Just because they are so lightweight mate, all the new breed of cars have ABS/Traction control/Aircon etc. The old breed of clio had nothing hence why it goes so well with just 150bhp.

They're just tin cans to wind jesus up :wink:

Craig
23-09-2005, 08:09
Yeh, most cars under a ton wont have anything fancy on em which is always gonna be an advantage, although the 182's arent much heavier and they have a few more toys.

but I suppose it all depends on what you want out of the car. personally I only use my clio at weekends, and have something else for work. Its for track days and 1/4 miling, and kicking arse on the road (safely of course) really, hence why I dont give a monkeys about comfort or toys as long as its rapid, handles and stops! :D

J o n
23-09-2005, 08:37
lol, you dont wind me up mate, car's that weigh as much as baco foil are the future... besides, I enjoy out witting you time and time again for the amusement of all :D

You were wrong about the Scooby's performance and said many a time how there's no Williams in any state of tune that could keep with one,
so this is funny to me as it was never an issue when you had one pal:
"So easy to wind that scooby mob up! They are not grasping 4wd is a hinderance!"
"Even 4.7 to 60 and 12 secs to 100 is not that impressive as take away its 4wd 0-60 and your left with over 7secs 60-100."
Erm... whatever way you look at it that's fast.

Mitchy, your not really the sharpest of chaps are you? You still dont seem to realise that Matt's car is what is known in the industry as a 'sleeper', and is designed to embarrass people like yourselves in their motorway mile munchers that think getting head off 14 year olds and driving at 160mph wearing Oakleys is cool. I dont think the price puts peolpe off, more the fact that driving a 300+ bhp car is dangerous and NOT for people who drive MG ZR's beyond their limit and can stuff those through a hedge ;)

NickFr
23-09-2005, 08:53
The fact is that people like j3ned should be applauded for at least making the effort to be different....at least he raises the bar in terms of what can be achieved with a little imagination. :roll:

J o n
23-09-2005, 09:00
plus NOS is for gheys :lol:

Slithers
23-09-2005, 10:07
THIS GUY IS A TWAT

LOL....Coming from an idiot that straps a 1.8t engine into a piece of shit fit for recycling into heinz beans cans :lol:

Why dont you just buy a nice car instead of wasting all your time and effort into something that is still worth 50pence! Did you ever sell that heap for £8000?? Thought not!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even 4.7 to 60 and 12 secs to 100 is not that impressive as take away its 4wd 0-60 and your left with over 7secs 60-100.

Still fairly quick of course but not lightning speed that they would like to think. Im confident my car will do it in around 6secs and i own a 5 door family hatchback! They own a ''manly'' 4wd rally bred supercar! :lol:

If 4wd is a hinderence how come the WRC cars use it and not FWD?

j3ned
23-09-2005, 10:08
THIS GUY IS A TWAT

THE MITCHY BUS IS COMIN

AND EVERYBODIES JUMPIN

NEW YORK TO SAN FRANCISCO

HES AN INTERCITY DISCO

lol @ mitchy - i suppose you need someone to take the piss out off in life

J o n
23-09-2005, 10:11
THIS GUY IS A TWAT

i'd hope it's a bit more advanced than the Scooby's poor 4WD effort... still, better than quattro I suppose... now Nismo 4WD is where it's at! Torque biasing to each wheel! ooooh yeah!

Craig
23-09-2005, 10:12
THIS GUY IS A TWAT

simply cos they need the traction on crap surfaces and coming out of tight gravel corners! differnt story on a tarmac track, or road! :)

Slithers
23-09-2005, 10:25
THIS GUY IS A TWAT

simply cos they need the traction! differnt story on a tarmac track, or road! :)

Yeah but when they do rally on tarmac all the cars still run permanent 4WD but they have the ability to lock the diffs effectively turning the car into FWD, but they don't do that.

So surely if they run it like that 4WD has some benefit on tarmac over FWD.

2 live
23-09-2005, 10:29
depends on the severity of the corners mate tbh.

a 4wd car will be able to put the power down quicker out of slower corners.

but theyre also easier to hold in a slide to set up for multiple corners on loose surface.

J o n
23-09-2005, 10:43
yeah it really is too hard to call, for example having a do with Sy the other night and I was following at a couple of cars behind and he dropped a couple of cogs and went into one of the byepass R/A's so I followed... result is that I can go into the corner a lot quicker, but his exit speeds were ridiculous in the Scoob so I had to use my power advantage...

Slithers
23-09-2005, 10:51
So when we water it down it comes down to the fact that mitchy needs his head **** starting back to reality?

J o n
23-09-2005, 11:00
basically it's "i own this car, therefore it's the bestest and fastest car in the world" and this is obvious in that he now has FWD, so obviously all 4WD is now crap and makes cars slower... I sure that when we used to mention tranny losses this was rubished with a visual tirade of Evo magazine statistics... and for the ultimate killer blow proof... (wait for it... drum roll...) AUTOCAR! wooo!

Craig
23-09-2005, 11:11
exactly, the main prob with 4x4 is transmission loss. my old one 280@fly, 200@wheels!

kissed 80bhp away through transmission! nice!

other than coming out of tight corners, and off the mark its not worth the losses imo! and not many 4x4 owners will give it stick off the mark in fear of breaking something! once rolling FWD will have the advantage if its similar power!

J o n
23-09-2005, 11:25
exactly, it's only an advantage IF you use it. I guess in the wet it's amazing, but then I dont really have many traction problem myself in the wet... but also dont drive like a dick when it's been raining... lol

JayR
23-09-2005, 11:33
Lol...All the best threads on any forum seem to involve mitchy!!!

Mitchy
23-09-2005, 12:00
Hold on most of the arguing over on scoobynet was if a 350bhp 1100kg IHI ibiza was going to cut the mustard with a 330hp scooby type R :roll:

Doesn't take the brains of an archbishop to work out whats going to be quicker on the move does it :roll:

Or i suppose thats too difficult for you to understand jesus!

The fact i used to get on at you guys about bashing scoobies was the sheer lack of torque you had, not the fact that it was FWD.

I suppose my statement of needing 400bhp in a scoob to match the 350 of an IHI ibiza was wrong aswell :roll:

The fact i was on that thread was the fact that a cupra R handed a scooby its ass on a plate and the jumped up twats started arguing about it!

My scooby had 280 @ flywheel but less than 200 @ wheels (196)
My cupra R has 275 @ flywheel but 239 @ wheels

Puts it into perspective dont you think :wink:

Craig
23-09-2005, 12:17
yep it does mate. as does a 300bhp 1400kg car vs a 215bhp 880kg car :)

as for 4x4 in the wet. yes it grips better, but i had my fuker sideways many a time in the wet, even just booting it in a straight line. would rather have had some fwd wheelspin than to suddently start facing a hedge! id only had the fuker 2 days, and it scared the crap out of me in the rain after that!

Slithers
23-09-2005, 14:18
One of the posts on that scoobynet raises an intersting point

"Yes but the extra power saved through transmition on a 2wd car is used up pulling the other 2 wheels along but no one ever mentions that"

Mitchy
23-09-2005, 14:40
The rear wheels are just following and are under momentum!

Okay initially you will have to pull the weight of the rear wheels along but surely when up and running they are just under momentum?

The rear wheels on a FWD soak up no extra power so im finding it hard to understand what he means.

OneEyedWilly
23-09-2005, 14:50
Sure they have momentum, but a change in velocity will still require an increase in torque to the front wheels. Don't think it's really comparable to 4wd losses imho as it would be relatively negligble once rolling.

mon
23-09-2005, 16:39
LOL....Coming from an idiot that straps a 1.8t engine into a piece of shit fit for recycling into heinz beans cans

:?: the build on a scooby is not mutch better on the ra... also that was the :?standard spec not modded.. quick to me take the piss out of alot dearer cars.. also they are bland inside and the new ones look like a hyundi . and that means crap :P

sooner have a evo .. but still dont live next to a petrol station so no good to me
+ the best 4wd is quattro :D

Why dont you just buy a nice car instead of wasting all your time and effort into something that is still worth 50pence! Did you ever sell that heap for £8000?? Thought not!!!

Still fairly quick of course but not lightning speed that they would like to think. Im confident my car will do it in around 6secs and i own a 5 door family hatchback! They own a ''manly'' 4wd rally bred supercar!

Same mitchy all right, just wised up to FWD power

Slithers
23-09-2005, 17:10
The rear wheels are just following and are under momentum!

Okay initially you will have to pull the weight of the rear wheels along but surely when up and running they are just under momentum?

The rear wheels on a FWD soak up no extra power so im finding it hard to understand what he means.

It means that your dragging the rest of the car along, and its far more physically efficient for something to be pushed along (like RWD) than be pulled (FWD).

And the weight of the rear of the car on the rear wheels increases the friction coefficient between tyre and road, for the rear wheels to have no impact on power loss they would have to be generating no friction, and to have no friction you would have no grip, and if you had no grip you would crash. Also unless your rear wheel bearings and axle have the capacity to rotate perpetually you will lose power thorugh them also as they also have an added amount of friction.

So yes you are losing power from the rear wheels just by being in contact with the road.

A 4WD car has a smaller amount of power loss from the rear wheels as they are being powered and and are pushing the car along as opposed to being dragged along by the rear wheels.

Also the further the distance between front and rear whould increase power loss too.

Chris n`nic
24-09-2005, 02:00
And if you take one nut out of each wheel you will make a difference :lol:

Chris

J o n
24-09-2005, 11:51
Hold on most of the arguing over on scoobynet was if a 350bhp 1100kg IHI ibiza was going to cut the mustard with a 330hp scooby type R :roll:

Doesn't take the brains of an archbishop to work out whats going to be quicker on the move does it :roll: - no, but no one doubted this :roll:

Or i suppose thats too difficult for you to understand jesus!

The fact i used to get on at you guys about bashing scoobies was the sheer lack of torque you had, not the fact that it was FWD.

I suppose my statement of needing 400bhp in a scoob to match the 350 of an IHI ibiza was wrong aswell :roll:

The fact i was on that thread was the fact that a cupra R handed a scooby its ass on a plate and the jumped up twats started arguing about it!

My scooby had 280 @ flywheel but less than 200 @ wheels (196)
My cupra R has 275 @ flywheel but 239 @ wheels

Puts it into perspective dont you think :wink:

I'm just loving the hypocrisy now you have a new car, when people argue with you in person do you threaten to not let them come to your next birthday party? :wink:

richy
24-09-2005, 13:16
And if you take one nut out of each wheel you will make a difference :lol:

Chris

now that is weight saving, i may take 2 off each wheel!!!