PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum, already know a few "characters"

donnyo
21-09-2005, 15:13
Howdy, I thought I'd come over here and see what its like.
Some of you'll already know me and my 172cup (its a MKII version of a Williams!) 8)

Now living in Telford...no longer part of the NW crew!!!

Kelly
21-09-2005, 16:22
Hi! I remember you :P

northy
21-09-2005, 16:41
Hi mate.

glad your finally on here :D

FlamingMonkey
21-09-2005, 16:51
Hello mate, hows the Cup?

Martin
21-09-2005, 21:19
Hello mate

donnyo
22-09-2005, 15:50
The cup is running well...there's a lot of A roads and a fair few decent stretches...so there's always a chance of booting it! (On private roads of course!!! :wink: )

I've only seen one Williams 3 (N Reg) down here, its in nice condition but don't think its a patch on 2live's motor!!!

J o n
22-09-2005, 16:27
WOOO! Glad to see you made it over here buddy, how I miss our fun and games on the 60 :cry:

donnyo
23-09-2005, 09:03
The 60 was good, but the 54 is a good 2 lane stretch....its where that copper was "caught" (and let off!) for doing 160!!!

Got to see Telford Mike's Vee...its a beauty (the car, not the bloke! :roll: )

I do miss the peaks run though :( but I prefer the fact that kids in their bodykitted paxos and what have you, respect what they've got, and won't entertain playing as they respect their cars (apart from the idiots in Wellington (sorta like Longsight in Manchester! :twisted: ) )

Good to see you've kept the willy though J, I was worried you were gonna subscribe to the jap crap...French stuff has more character...despite the creaks and knocks!!!

2 live
23-09-2005, 10:05
welcome mate,.....long time no comparison hehe

wondered why we hadnt seen u on any of the meets lol.

donnyo
23-09-2005, 11:09
Alright mate. Do pop up to Manchester every now and again, but work, etc., made me move further South (Well, 75 miles away from Manchester area!)

Hows the old 2live Williams prototype going then?

Just missing the lack of valvers and Williams down where I am, its like MKII ville! At least I've got one of the better MKII cars to use!

There is a retail park a few miles from where I live where all the kids go in their lesser cars (bodykits, but not much else!) hang out, it reminds me a bit of the JJB meets, where we'd all stand around for a while then do whatever...but we were far more classy...better cars, and wheelspinning off to wherever we were heading!!!

I do miss the laughs at the meets, but there a good bunch down here...so I can't complain.

**PS. Too many bloody cameras going up around Manchester, and the car doesn't like doing 29.9mph...you know how it is! **

J o n
23-09-2005, 11:23
yeah glad i'm keeping it and now ive spent a small fortune on it this car wont ever be going, although I am gonna start looking at something else to use on a daily basic and the Cup is right at the top of my list with an M3 Evo, Chris' well impressed me the other night, just feels so nice and chuckable and new!

donnyo
23-09-2005, 11:52
yeah glad i'm keeping it and now ive spent a small fortune on it this car wont ever be going, although I am gonna start looking at something else to use on a daily basic and the Cup is right at the top of my list with an M3 Evo, Chris' well impressed me the other night, just feels so nice and chuckable and new!

Are you alright mate.....I know you like the cup out of the MKIIs...but how will you get used to the driving position? I'm under the impression that they are worlds apart.

I've never driven a Willy, and I don't ever want to!! This is not because I don't want to, but more like I don't want to go crazy and go out and buy one at any cost, and I know that I'll love it after a drive in one!!!

2 live
23-09-2005, 12:45
ah....the cars bin a bit poorly lol...... still fending for itself like....but it isnt what it once was lol

think most of the n/w ppl miss the jjb meets tbh..they all in wigan on a week night now......

would be good to see how they compare now its running in a diff guise lol

donnyo
23-09-2005, 13:34
Wigan...who's that to suit?

The JJB was like a spiritual home, good little run in and out of there, and decent space to do whatever...plus good Motorway links for everyone.

I would love to have an "encounter"...but think I'll have to strip the car out to get the weight down to something nearer the level for a williams...(Damn, can't get rid of the spare wheel...or anything else apart from the carpet, windows and seats!!!)

I might have to go and have a chat with the guy who owns Cobra, they're based in Halesfield in Telford, so I might have to see if I can get discount!!!

2 live
24-09-2005, 02:30
wigan it to suit te wiganers.....lol

and they usually turn out in full williams regalia.........minus the actual car hehe

Winston
24-09-2005, 02:31
Yo man!!!