PDA

View Full Version : East Anglia Meet sunday April 10th 2005

Jeeder
02-03-2005, 20:45
Following on from the impressive turn out for the Ipswich meet last week i'm keen to get my Willy waxed (!!) and out for another showing. How does anyone fancy another meet this April.

There seems to be a fair amount of people from the Essex/Herts/Suffolk area and so i propose meeting in the picturesque village of Finchingfield, Essex. There's a nice pub overlooking the village green which would be ideal for photos. I may even bring the missus along for some food and a drink in the pub (if she's really really good).

Subject to interest and any suggestions we could meet somewhere like Braintree and then convoy down to Finchingfield which is probably a 15 minute drive.

How about it guys? I propose Sunday 10 April as a suggestion

Attached is a link showing Finchingfield. Let me know what you think of it as a suggested venue. The photos of the village green &b pond are the view from the pub and I imagine they'd make a good few photos with a stack of Willy's lined up in front

Jeeder
02-03-2005, 20:51
Yeah...I know....where's the link!!!! What a div!

http://www.reggie.net/album.php?albid=216

KingStromba
02-03-2005, 20:56
Can we NOT have Essex meets as it just leaves out Norwich

If East Anglia is the area IMO the meets should be available to ALL in East Anglia, in which case thay have to be further North.

If not, it will just get like CS where East Anglia meets are in Essex and no body from further North can get to them.

No offence to Essex boys, but i think the club should make an effort to include as many people as possible. :D

FATBOY
02-03-2005, 21:18
finchingfield is a very nice picturesque viallage(been there before) but im up for this! would be good! and stromba come on mate! we will make some more meets up near you! i promise! i thought ipswich was a fair central to east anglia meet! but we do need to try other places out for meets!

Jeeder
02-03-2005, 21:39
KS. I totally agree that all should be included and as and when other meets are planned I will definitely be up for them. I'm happy to travel a reasonable distance. I only suggested Finchingfield as it seems fairly local to those who made the Ipswich one. Would be an ideal day out for anyone fancying a longer journey. It really is a lovely setting.

I'm not proposing Essex as a venue always but if there's interest for this one i'm sure it'll be a good one.

However, if anyone wants to suggest another venue then i'm willing to travel

:D

KingStromba
02-03-2005, 21:41
I can see this going the same way as CS. Northern meets. Essex meets.

Seems a bit unfair. The same people are going to have to do all the travelling all the time. This is what will happen:

Essex meet, 20 people turn out. I make the effort to drive down. (nearly 2 hour drive)

Norwich meet, everyone is suddenly busy. So meet cancelled.

FATBOY
02-03-2005, 21:45
ok ok mate! i/we promise to arrange a norwich meet!(would love to see that slag delia knocking about and give her some abuse lol) but seriously mate we will have a meet up your end i/we promise!(there is some lovely places in norfolk ideal to meet up at)

KingStromba
02-03-2005, 21:48
Paul, people wont turn up to a Norwich meet. Ipswich area would be more appropriate.

Jeeder
02-03-2005, 21:52
I guarantee I will drive up to Norwich/Norfolk. It's not too far and i'm the typical English bloke who doesn't see enough of his own country. KS, organise a drive up to your neck of the woods and count me in

big hp
02-03-2005, 21:52
Essex way would be good for me. Ipswich would be 2/3 hr drive etc.

KingStromba
02-03-2005, 21:53
Everyone says its not far, lol, till they try the drive or look on a map.

big hp
02-03-2005, 21:54
From Aylesbury,Bucks
To Norwich City F.C.,Norfk | Reverse this route
Distance 120.1 miles | Show distances in kilometres
Time 2 hr 54 min

Jeeder
02-03-2005, 21:55
I went to Norfolk broads once. Got lost on the way but it didn't seem too far. It's a well nice part of the world. I'd gladly take a spin up there.

I'll steer clear of those barges this time though. I nearly crashed one. I believe they're quite expensive!

:D

KingStromba
02-03-2005, 21:55
Exactly, so its the same for me to get down to Essex. Makes more sence having a meet in Ipswich. Fair for EVERYONE then. :wink:

big hp
02-03-2005, 21:56
From Aylesbury,Bucks
To Finchingfield,Essex | Reverse this route
Distance 78.9 miles | Show distances in kilometres
Time 1 hr 41 min

big hp
02-03-2005, 21:59
From Aylesbury,Bucks
To Ipswich Town F.C.,Suffk | Reverse this route
Distance 110.8 miles | Show distances in kilometres
Time 2 hr 3 min

I may as well face it i'm stuck in the middle of no where. Well only 20 miles from oxford, 20 from milton keynes and a 50min train journey from london. So not quite in the middle of no where LOL

KingStromba
02-03-2005, 22:00
Finchingfield is 1hour 30 mins from me. Id go, but looks a bit of a shit hole :wink:

big hp
02-03-2005, 22:01
About the same for me too. Get your arse down there and i'll promise i'll drive to Ipswich or Norwich for the next one :wink:

KingStromba
02-03-2005, 22:05
Can we pick somewhere with some decnt roads. Drive down to Ipswich was wank boring

NickFr
02-03-2005, 22:30
Blimey guys I wish I lived nearer I would come to the meetings, anyway stop your moaning :wink: I'm going to come to the FCS, thats 10hrs driving :shock: trust me I know all about living in the middle of nowhere!!

Alot of people will probably think we are a bunch of saddo's, I on the other hand think its well cool that you guys make the extraordinary efforts that will ensure this little car goes down in history.True enthusiasts !!8)

I took great pleasure in seeing the photos and reading about the recent East Anglia Meet, it was this that persuaded me to finally come over in May for the FCS. Does it really matter how far, or where? France is twice the size of the UK everywhere is a long way :shock:

FATBOY
02-03-2005, 22:33
well done mate! glad u can make it to the FCS! will be a pleasure to meet you! get your name down for it and book your ticket up......

big hp
02-03-2005, 22:40
Well done NickFR I feel bad moaning about a drive now LOL

Think I better make a effort to attend FCS. I'll go read details.

Anyroom for a Naples Valver Fatboy? :roll:

KingStromba
02-03-2005, 22:40
Nice one matey, glad your gonna make it.

FATBOY
02-03-2005, 22:44
yes big! check out the meetings and events post about the fcs! and go to the link to the fcs page and get ya ticket booked! and on the bit on there order page where it says club put williamsclio down! nice one! i will add u now to the list!

Enid
03-03-2005, 09:53
Im up for this, most meets within 2 hours or so from me are ok, as long as its not all motorway stuff yawn!

snakeylady
03-03-2005, 14:44
:P :P I'm defo up for this - Finchingfield is lovely - and I promise I will come up to Norwich KS :!:

Rossco
09-03-2005, 09:25
I will defo be about for the Essex meet, just around the corner for me (10 min). Should be a bit warmer meeting Essex rather than SulfolkQ!! :wink:

Jeeder
17-03-2005, 14:03
So far the following are confirmed....

Jeeder
Fatboy
King Stromba (as long as we go to Norwich soon!!)
Big hp
Snakeylady
Enid
Rossco
Azza
Rajk

Any more coming along? Looks like spring is well on us now so may even be a lovely day with no salt on the roads!

The day is sunday 12 April. Aim to meet at 1pm in Braintree then convoy down. Any suggestions of where to meet in Braintree, I don't know it that well. I'd suggest the McDonalds car park where the A120 meets the A131??

azza
17-03-2005, 14:16
You can count me in too. I'll be meeting Raj to pick up my new parcel shelf. Nice!

snakeylady
17-03-2005, 14:43
:D looking forward to it - just don't meet anywhere near freeport - as you know my car is too low to get on or off the bloody site!!!!!

Rajk
18-03-2005, 03:13
me 2 i will be there! is it a strict willy meet or can valvers come too?

Jeeder
18-03-2005, 09:35
All are welcome as far as i'm concerned

FATBOY
04-04-2005, 21:16
so whos defo down for this???? heres a map! meet at mcdonalds/kfc car park for 1PM then we can convoy down to finchingfield! best way to get there is follow signs for FREEPORT shopping village and just on the last roundabout before freeport itself on the right handside is maccy d's KFC and pizza hut,you cant miss it!

http://cgi.nickywitts.plus.com/uploads/map1.jpg

Rudders16v
05-04-2005, 09:57
The first meet since i've had my Williams and i can't make it, Donny is this weekend. However, i'll definatly be at the Norwich/Norfolk one whenever it's arranged for as long as it doesn't clash with any of the main shows

KingStromba
05-04-2005, 10:02
ESSEX ESSEX ESSEX.

Call it an Essex meet, not an East Anglia meet. :roll:

Jeeder
05-04-2005, 12:19
I'm definitely going on sunday and so's Azza

See you then

KingStromba
06-04-2005, 23:24
Convoy and Macy Dee's. Try www.barryboys.com :D

What about a meet at a nice country pub????????

Jeeder
07-04-2005, 18:47
That's the plan.

McDonalds is the meeting point. We'll then head down to The Fox pub at Finchingfield

FATBOY
07-04-2005, 19:38
i will be there! gotta show of my new genuine renault part williams stickers! :o

Jeeder
07-04-2005, 20:23
Looking forward to seeing them

I'd suggest going to Finchingfield down the B1053, nice little twisty road.....not a dual carriageway in sight :D

Map attached....

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=576500&y=223500&z=3&sv=braintree&st=3&tl=Braintree,+Essex+[City/Town/Village]&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

FATBOY
07-04-2005, 20:40
yeah i know that road and that is a nice and twisty road! i believe you take the right hand exit off the A120(coming from colchester) then take the first left at the next roundabout and then you go past the college i do believe??? and follow it all the way down to finchingfield!

KingStromba
07-04-2005, 22:23
Can we just have the destination and time please for those not coming from essex? :roll:

FATBOY
07-04-2005, 22:36
read thru the post mate and you will see the details! just follow the signs of the A12 after colchester for freeport A120(which is in braintree) and after you turn into the road leading up to freeport on the right will be the maccy d's! meet there for 1PM

KingStromba
07-04-2005, 22:48
NO. I assume that the pub is North from where you are meeting ie why would i drive south past the pub to meet you in maccy d's just to go back north. Where are you meeting eventually in finchingly? Pub and time?

KingStromba
07-04-2005, 23:10
Braintree is too far out of my way as it would for anyone from north of Essex.

So time and place in finchingfield please?

And can we have a statement as to what we are doing? Driving / chatting / eating / anything else? Might be important as to whether people want to come / whether they eat before they come / what they wear etc

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Allan
08-04-2005, 01:47
i might have come as i will be in south end on sat, but have to be in exeter on sunday :( so nm :(

I came to the ipswitch meet was a fun day but rather on the chilly side !

Although we have to have an ipswitch meet again as snakey lady promised us a bbq ;)

Bring on the burgers !

Jeeder
08-04-2005, 08:42
If anyone wants to go straight to Finchingfield, feel free.

It's entirely up to each and every person as to what they do, there's no rules! :D

Personally I think that the best part of these meets is the convo down with everyone else and Braintree is only 8 miles past Finchingfield.

If we're aiming to meet in Braintree for 1pm, we'll need to allow time for everyone to meet and for anyone who gets lost/is late etc. Therefore, I would estimate that we'll leave Braintree about 1.30pm.

We'll convoy down to Finchingfield and arrive at the Fox pub approx 1.45pm. There's no set agenda for the day so I would imagine it will simply consist of meeting fellow Williams owners, chatting and having a pint and something to eat in the pub if you so wish.

As for what people should wear, I don't feel i'm qualified to answer that!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday

Kind regards, Matt Jean Paul Gaultier :D

K4thy
08-04-2005, 12:39
Hi totally forgot about the meet in essex only joined the site recently and was v excited to hear about a meet so close to home.

Unfortunately i have now said i will work but will try and leave early so what time do you think you will be there to?

I have my 2 up for sale at the mo so would've welcomed feedback from you guys

Rossco
08-04-2005, 15:57
I will see you all at Macci D's for 1!! Should take me all of 15 seconds to get there from mine!

Katy,

I reckon we will be in Finchingfield till at least 15:00, could even be a bit later, would be good to see you and your car!

KingStromba
09-04-2005, 10:29
I will be at the pub in Finchingfield for 2pm.

Text me if there is a change of plan.