PDA

View Full Version : fast 1.8 16v 94 L 90K

chrisc
16-09-2005, 15:34
ok guys, i am selling my pride and joy for a slightly more sensible 172 due to new job. i am based in bristol

its as the title says, with a very nice mechanical spec, which i will get to in a sec.

apologies for lack of photos but i have no means of getting them onto a pc. however, if you are generally interested, please text or call me on 07748964256 and i will send some via mms, although viewing is obviously recommended. anyway, i will describe it as best i can as you all know what a valver looks like.

its blue, with white turbines, lowered properly with uprated springs and dampers, tho not by me so im not sure of the make. grips like a bugger tho. as you might expect tho, the ride is less than luxurious. good yoko avs sports all round. the grill is missing as i prefer the way this looks but im sure it wouldnt cost much to replace if you wished.

engine has had lots of expensive work including cams and headwork. supersprint manifold, decat and magnex cat-back system. i have also rerouted the air feed to the n/s fog light hole but still have the fog if you want it. it also had an oil cooler fitted last year. this car is meant to be enjoyed and i do give it a push now and then. even so the oil temp never rises above 100 C and water temp is stable. prev owner also added low temp thermostat.

the car was rolling roaded and shown to be producing 170 bhp. now we all know what these rolling road monkeys are like so id say it was probably producing 160 bhp at the time. however, at the time there was no air feed and it was sucking from directly behind the radiator. this was also before the cams were dialled in. im told these 2 things would make a significant difference so i dont think im being over optimistic if i said current horsepower is in excess of 160bhp. anyway, it goes like stink and anyone who is genuinely interested is more than welcome to test drive it.

the engine was rebuilt at about 78K and is incredibly reliable. it has not failed to start a single time since i have owned it.

now for the bad points:

the PAS pump is a bit noisy and has been since i bought it.

the bodywork is less than pristine but there is absolutely no rust. this is an 11 year old car and most panels have some kind of mark. the drivers door has about 5 car park dings and the o/s rear quarter has a nasty little mark where a dopey little kid rode his bike into it.

rear washer jet doesnt seem to work but all other electrics do.

If you are looking for a pristine orginal car then this is not for you. i am marketing this to anyone looking for a cheap performance car. it is a very good compromise between everyday runaround and weekend track car. to buy a valver and make it as quick as this would cost a fortune. its not very comfortable to drive around town and is a bit noisy but it goes like stink and is great fun to drive fast. insurance is very reasonable.

Like i said at the top, im looking for a 172 with sensible miles so a part ex would be ideal. my absolute limit is £4k plus my car.

price for the car is £2200. im in no rush so feel free to make a very close offer or come and view. i dont get on the net very often so its best to calll/text on the number above. alternatively e-mail me at chriscox390@hotmail.com

sorry for the essay

Craig
16-09-2005, 17:00
this sounds like my old valver! i had just about all the work done on it at great expense! lol

does the plate end in GDA?

edit: im 100% its my old motor after reading it again! madness! lol if i ever caught that kid that crashed into the rear quarter id kill the little fuker lol

engine also has a lightened and balanced bottom end, headwork as well as the cams and verniers and i believe it wasl the quickest 1.8 n/a on standard TB when i had it.

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/images/blueclio/car2.jpg

Martin
16-09-2005, 22:32
mad lol

chrisc
17-09-2005, 13:33
lol, thats it! thanks for the extra info and the picture craig. i wish the wheels were still that white! i have to say i wont be too disapointed if it doesnt sell, probably just change to a quieter exhaust. perhaps you would be kind enough to let everyone know what the work cost so we can all see what a bargain this is?

am i right in saying you did some quarter mile runs in it? if so what was the best time you got mate?

watch out for the *wanted, standard exhaust* thread.