PDA

View Full Version : torsion bar adjustment!

Dancliovalver
15-09-2005, 08:33
im really sorry for bringin this up again its probably been discussed about millions of times but anyway!
me and a mate are lowering the rear of my car this weekend but just dont understand all this "turn the spline once" and all the other stuff, when i did my first RT all i did was stick it on axle stands, put the jack under the brake drum, take the torsion bolt out, jack it up X MM and stick the bolt back in!!!

will this work for a valver too or are they different?

northy
15-09-2005, 08:36
yes - but you have to align the swinging arm splines with the torsion bar on reassembly.

If you imagine the torsion bar (long length of metal rod) at each end there are slots (spline) cut into it.

On the swinging arm there is the same slots (spline) these two have to align for the bar and swing arm to meet.

Print the guide off from cliosport (DIY articles) and follow that. Its real easy UNLESS the torsion bar is SIEZED in like mine !

Dancliovalver
15-09-2005, 08:43
cheers northy, just another quick question, can u see the splines to line them up up do u have to take a random guess?
my torsion bolts were out about 2 months ago and ive been soakin em in WD40 so it should come out quite freely I HOPE!!!

Dancliovalver
15-09-2005, 08:51
hey can any cliosport member get me the torsion bar adjustment guide please as u now need to be a member to access it :x

northy
15-09-2005, 09:08
yes - give them both a good clean and you will be able to see it.

getting the guide now.