PDA

View Full Version : Had the car remapped today

FlamingMonkey
13-09-2005, 19:07
Been down to Chipwizards this morning to have the old girl remapped.

Quite pleased with the results, knew as soon as I put the loud pedal down, I could tell the difference it had made.

3rd gear is the business :twisted: seems to pull like **** now up towards the limiter.

Wayne changed the limiter to 7.1k, I haven't hit it myself yet but Wayne did a few times when mapping,

He basically took the map he did for 2lives and spent about an hour or so tweaking it to my engine, something about him having to advance summat for 2lives map, but mine didn't need it?? Dunno what the **** he was on about, I just nodded...lol

Top marks to Wayne and his bro, was good to finally get hold of him and meet him.

Wayne managed to get the car to go off the clock at 150mph just before the limiter, was weird never seen it go that fast before, hehe, should of took a pic but forgot the digi cam.

The car made a pleasant 148.3bhp at the Wheels, which is up on my previous efforts of 131@Wheels before the cams and map.

He mapped the car on the rollers, to the best he could. then did a power run again, with original map on, then straight after with the modified map on, first run it came in 139@Wheels, the remap took it to 148.3@Wheels.

Feels really weird having the limiter at 7.1k, the limiter on the Willy I could never get used to after coming from a Valver, it's good to have those few extra revs, if needed, but like I said I ain;t hit it yet as I reckon it goes fast enough about 6.7ish.

Anyway, long story short, good people Chipwizards, good map, good morning out.

Would recommend anyone to go there, he certainly knows his shit.

GazTwo
13-09-2005, 19:14
8) ......Sounds like your a happy man again..... :D .......I thought that about the limiter on the nana....didn't really need to go all the way round as it had plenty just taking it to 6/6500......that lasted about a week.....u know u love the limiter Monkey..... :lol:

Sounds like the nana now then.....pulls like a train in 3rd.... 8)

NickFr
13-09-2005, 19:17
Excellent news Mate.....another Beast is unleashed :wink:

richy
13-09-2005, 19:21
nice one mate! still gonna outbrake ya lol :wink:

Lunner
13-09-2005, 19:36
how much did it cost?

guess where im gonna be going for my re-map

FlamingMonkey
13-09-2005, 19:50
He does a discount for Williamsclio members 10%, he usually charges £350 but did it for £315 + VAT

FlamingMonkey
13-09-2005, 20:41

hehe not for long..... :wink:

summeh
13-09-2005, 20:53
how long did it take???

does this include a new chip, or does he remap the original ?

FlamingMonkey
13-09-2005, 20:59
how long did it take???

I was there 9 till 1.30ish

Well technically its a new chip, he opens up the ECU box desolders the ECU from the board plugs in the laptop, laptop already has a standard Willy Map on it, laptop runs the car, he mods the map to suit car, then he burns the map onto a blank EEPROM which is just the same as the one he took out only blank, He could of used the original ECU, but it would of needed blanking first, was just easier using a fresh one as they aren't that much,

richy
13-09-2005, 21:19

hehe not for long..... :wink:

barstool! told ya 4pots are no good rusty old seized std do the trick :wink:

Martin
13-09-2005, 22:14
Class mate look forward to a ride/comparison at the n/w meet....148 atw is awesome. :twisted:

Winston
13-09-2005, 22:33
Badass :D

matty
13-09-2005, 23:38
how long did it take???

I was there 9 till 1.30ish

Well technically its a new chip, he opens up the ECU box desolders the ECU from the board plugs in the laptop, laptop already has a standard Willy Map on it, laptop runs the car, he mods the map to suit car, then he burns the map onto a blank EEPROM which is just the same as the one he took out only blank, He could of used the original ECU, but it would of needed blanking first, was just easier using a fresh one as they aren't that much,

So by removing ECU I guess as mine is a BB one I could sell this on to part fund remap?

VIPERONE
14-09-2005, 01:18
monkey.. whats the chances of you copying the eprom @work for testing in mine lol...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=13409&TabID=1&C=SEO&U=SEOsearchPages&doy=search

northy
14-09-2005, 07:51
get your money spent gunner.

northy
14-09-2005, 07:51
Congratulations rob,

how does it idle now comparied to before.... ?

dannyt
14-09-2005, 08:01
glad to hear it rob, we need another meet soon!

FlamingMonkey
14-09-2005, 09:03
monkey.. whats the chances of you copying the eprom @work for testing in mine lol...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=13409&TabID=1&C=SEO&U=SEOsearchPages&doy=search

hehe cheeky, won't be exact for your car though, he spent a while changing 2lives map from mine due to differences in cam timing.

FlamingMonkey
14-09-2005, 09:08
Congratulations rob,

how does it idle now comparied to before.... ?

Idles the same dude, was interesting hearing the different notes to come out of the exhaust while he was messing with the map, idled like the banana for a bit, but now it's idles like before, perhaps a little less vicious.

Went out for a blast last night, it's deffo quicker, my bridge test I could get about 100ish maybe a little over depending onn finish line, last night I got nearer 110, so summats improved, and that with changing at 6.5k...lol keep forgetting the limiters changed so I change gear then, probably safer that way.

glad to hear it rob, we need another meet soon!

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5417

:wink: See you there

northy
14-09-2005, 09:09
class....and did he say anything about the timing ??

going to be well panned now hey rob !

Grrr need to get some money in and mine done.

FlamingMonkey
14-09-2005, 09:45
class....and did he say anything about the timing ??

going to be well panned now hey rob !

Grrr need to get some money in and mine done.

Nah he said nothing about the timing apart from that it must be different than 2lives, thats why he had to adjust the map.

To be honest I bet it doesn't pan you, our cars were even before cams, then they were even after...lol, so with this remap I'm going for worst case scenario, hehe

Does anyone know how to work out roughly what the Fly figure would be, when we did a day at Minisport he calculated Northys 133.5 @ Wheels and 177.7 at Fly, would this be correct? Does anyone know the correct way of working it out, well mien in particular, as Wayne told me his RR's are conservative, yet the fly figure was a lot less than I expected, compared to the Wheels figure?

2 live
14-09-2005, 13:09
sounds like the chip wizard has done well again hehe

i rang him n told him to map urs so that its still slower than mine. :twisted:

hope he has lol

i felt a massive diff in mine.the day after i had it done...........due to acc cable meltage lol. could as u say be hitting 10-15 mph faster on some stretches of my test track over cams n std map.

took nearly 1/2 sec off me 1/4 time too..once id run it in the dry lol

maybe the fanimold is makinga diff on urs also rob, ......but at least u got a good base map hehe :evil:

FlamingMonkey
14-09-2005, 13:13
We'll see if its quicker at York, gotta beat my best York time of 14.7, it will deffo do that, but im guessing not by much though, but i dunno ain't had any proper comparisons with anyone yet.

northy
14-09-2005, 13:14
:lol: im ready and waiting pal.

J o n
14-09-2005, 13:16
:lol: im gay and available!

:shock:

FlamingMonkey
14-09-2005, 13:17
:lol: im ready and waiting pal.

Anytime 8)

northy
14-09-2005, 13:19
just filled up and taking it steady - will wait till this tueday coming :D

2 live
14-09-2005, 13:31
lol...filled up n takin it steady.

makes me laugh.....i have had no probs filling the van up evry nite so far, billinge wigan appley bridge.all round by u an all have loadsa juice lol

fuk all petrol in the car tho.shell ran out of optimax yest....so will b staying put til they have some more

northy
14-09-2005, 13:32
i was empty and filled with optimax - was in and out within 2 mins. i was the only one filling at 7pm last night.

Av that.

VIPERONE
14-09-2005, 22:46
john can i test your base map on my car before i attend wizards?

TwisT
14-09-2005, 23:44
+9.3bhp at the wheels is very impressive for a chip/£315+vat !

FlamingMonkey
15-09-2005, 09:08
+9.3bhp at the wheels is very impressive for a chip/£315+vat !

Not just the chip though I do have other mods, which seemed to do nothing until this remap, well actually the manifold made the most difference albeit slight, the cams on their own made non

northy
15-09-2005, 09:36
Was suprised the cams on their own didnt make any differance - on 2lives they did (remember the mag shoot comparrisons)

FlamingMonkey
15-09-2005, 09:40
Was suprised the cams on their own didnt make any differance - on 2lives they did (remember the mag shoot comparrisons)

He had decat on etc, I only had an exhaust, nothing else.

I tell a lie the cams did make a difference on the strip, it took mine from a 14.9 to a 14.7 at York and a 14.0 at Pod, but in the real world on the road it made almost no difference in my opinion.

2 live
15-09-2005, 10:38
must admit rob...i felt the same when i had jus the cams on mine. didnt feel it was any quicker at all.

i ran 0.2 quicker after the cams than i did before, like u, but the map doubled that.

the car was still quicker after the cams, but not impressively so, it was after the re-map that things started gettin lively lol

even now, with std cams, valver head and waynes chip in it feels a lot faster than it did as std....which kinda surprised jesus on the way to RWS hehe.....and me also...my cars bin awful to drive since the cams fukt up, but putting the chip in has put some enjoyment back into the driving experience..

even on their own....chip wizards chips fukkin work lol

J o n
15-09-2005, 10:43
not shocked, scared me, I thought my car was broke when you were staying level with me... then when you pulled almost a car I was far from happy! at least once I get into 5th I can still pan you both... well, until that 6'500k limiter comes back round again! Jon... let me borrow yer chip byatch! lol

northy
15-09-2005, 10:45
you running yours at york jon & jon ?

J o n
15-09-2005, 10:53
nope. need a new zorst, decat and now gearbox and tbh i'd rather spend the £30 getting my car to Ben to get it timed in and I can pick up my new alloys of Mat Brown en route

2 live
15-09-2005, 10:54
maybe mate

depends if im there or not tbh
lmao