PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen Phaeton vs 3.2 TT

clowo16v
12-09-2005, 11:11
My uncle came to pick me up in his new car earlier to take me for a ride. He lives in Germany so he likes his big cars. Anyway it was a Volkswagen Phaeton R60.

Bloody hell its the comfiest car i've ever been in. I knew they were quick, but I was really suprised. The 0-60 was quite impressive, but what was better was the 100+mph acceleration. It picked up speed faster than my Valver does in 2nd gear lol. He has got his de-restricted and he says he's seen 180mph on the clocks with loads to go. Apparently they're good for 200+ according to Autocar magazine.

Anyway sat at some traffic lights next to this TT driven by somebody who looked about my age and his bird, so i'm guessing it was a mummy & daddys boy. Anyway he went for it off the lights so my uncle booted it and flew past him. They sound incredible when you boot it, a complete change of character.

See ya

Matt

JayR
12-09-2005, 14:35
Whats a Phaeton?

Never seen one before!!!

You dont have to be a mumy and daddy boy to own a TT these days fella......My mate at 20 has just maaged to get a newish 225 on his own!!!

Scott-16v!
12-09-2005, 15:32
very big very nice volkswagen executive type saloon thingy

clowo16v
12-09-2005, 15:49
http://www.a-motors.ru/img/cars/vw/Volkswagen-Phaeton-W12.jpg

The R60 has a bodykit and big wheels. Not been out long apparantley. They weren't desinged for England though, more for the Middle East and stuff where people need to cover massive distances fast.

See ya

Matt