PDA

View Full Version : Valver vs classic scooby

Craig
11-09-2005, 19:18
TOAST! Caught him by end of 2nd (from rolling in 2nd), and had to back off in 3rd, and 4th, dropped back a little and could catch up again pretty easily!! The very least thing he expected when he gunned it by the look on his face in the mirror and the passenger looking in the wing mirror :)

It was a UK scoob, V plate i think, with a few mods (external ones, no idea about engine mods other than an exhaust)

mucho fun tho! :twisted:

Martin
11-09-2005, 19:19
ace...no room to get past? Would have been good to truely show him up...hehe

Craig
11-09-2005, 19:22
Usually only have do's on quiet roads (honest), but other cars ahead in the left lane so he didnt move over! and if id not got off after 1 mile id have gone about 20 mile out my way lol

Jamie.
11-09-2005, 19:41
only scoob ive ever raced is a sti wr1, the 302 bhp one, the one that does 100 in 11 secs, got wasted.

Martin
11-09-2005, 19:48
scoobs deffo ain't all that from rolling ...I was all over a bug-eyed wrx in the nana...even the stis are minced once rollling.

Craig
11-09-2005, 20:08
yeh i had some fun in the nana with a couple of bug eye WRX's in the past too :D

Dancliovalver
11-09-2005, 21:51
how fast are those WRXs? ive been posting on puntosports club recently and this guy was takin the piss out of me because i sed i kept up with a WRX, he sed "DONT COMPARE A CLIO TO SOMETHING LIKE A WRX"

wanker

Craig
11-09-2005, 21:54
bugeye WRX are poo!

they are about 215bhp and 1400+kg AND 4x4 transmission loss!

i drove my mates which is modded and it felt soooo slooooooowwww!!!

Dancliovalver
11-09-2005, 22:02
wat sorta mods would a valver have to have to beat a standard one, my mate has one and i can overtake him really any time i want once we are goin, he only just beats me of the lites!!! :lol:

Craig
11-09-2005, 22:09
well when i had the banana, one tried to overtake me on the sliproad, i nailed it when i saw him coming, and pulled away. that was about 175-180bhp, 2.0 and stripped out!!

The bugeye WRX's willl do mid 14's in standard trim with the 4x4 advantage, so anything that does say 14.8 or faster shouldt have a problem!

Depends if the scooby is modded or not tho! The clssic scoobies are much better!! also i think subaru are offering free PPP upgrades so a lot are quite a bit quicker on the roads!

jackgilroy
12-09-2005, 09:59
bugeye impreza weights 1395kg and has 221bhp
Classic impreza wieghts 1235kg and has 215bhp

The impreza ALWAYS makes more power than the quoted 215bhp and simple mods such as full exhaust have huge gains

I used to own a Classic shape impreza with full de cat exhaust and it much faster than my Clio williams.

Craig
12-09-2005, 10:16
same here. i had an import impreza about 4 months back. exhaust, decat, downpipe gave me 20+ bhp! cant grumble at that!

NickFr
12-09-2005, 10:42
I believe that this proves, that unless there is a dramatic power difference between the Scoob and a Williams/2.0 Hybrid, then this shows on the road. Lets not forget that 150-180BHP Hot hatch of any make should give most sub super cars cause to worry :wink:

Just a thought....why has the dominance of the Scoobies and Mitsi Evo's in the World rallying been stopped in their tracks by Peugeot and Citroen....is it the cars or the drivers?? 8)

Craig
12-09-2005, 10:46
dont forget the clio in question is 210+bhp tho :)

Zollo
12-09-2005, 10:51
Just a thought....why has the dominance of the Scoobies and Mitsi Evo's in the World rallying been stopped in their tracks by Peugeot and Citroen....is it the cars or the drivers?? 8)

It's the series regulations. The reason the WRC category took over from Grp A was because Grp A stipulated you needed homologated cars. The French thought this was unfair, because they don't make 4x4 turbocharged road cars, so they made the FIA make a new category, WRC, so that homologation wasn't needed.

A 206 180 based Grp A car would get panned by a Impreza-based Grp A car throughout the whole season.

Chris n`nic
12-09-2005, 10:54
the thing is the scooby`s feel quicker because of the big boost wehn the turbo spools....with the clios it is much smooth acceleration and doesn`t have that same kick...but is just as fast...

Chris

Jabba the...
20-09-2005, 14:36
0-60 in a 4*4 relys on wanking your clutch off to the extreme, this raping of the clutch gives u instant traction and an amazing 0-30 time. once rolling however a base model does not have the ponies to keep the momentum going and this is reflected in the 30-60 and 60-100 times, the transmition losses are to blame.

a 303bhp ppp wrx sti has the grunt to keep the accelaration off the line going and will shit all over most whereas the base model will get pistol whipped by a decent hot hatch once rolling or given enough room to make the initial jump up.

many ownersw do not even know how to launch and many just dont want a new clutch every 2k so they have already forfitted this advantage.

finally a classic scoob may have wowed us back in the early 90's with 6.5 sec etc but now the ctr does 6.9 with fwd, a fact many coke dealers sorry scooby owners have yet to realise :lol:

jabba ode to scoobys*

*great cars in wrx sti p1 etc guise but hugely overrated as standard with cheap jap plastic interiors

Craig
20-09-2005, 15:55
my old scooby was 279@fly but only 200@wheels! (and 1300kg)

loads of transmission loss! it was quick on boost, but 4x4 felt like i was towing something! brilliant off the line, but i never ever dare do a proper launch in it in fear of it busting!

VIPERONE
20-09-2005, 20:50
GRP A rallying was banned because it became stupidly dangerous! some of the cars accellerated like f1 cars!

Zollo
20-09-2005, 21:07
GRP A rallying was banned because it became stupidly dangerous! some of the cars accellerated like f1 cars!

That was Group B :)

BigChris
21-09-2005, 13:25
not a fan on the uk scoobs... they are really a different car when comparing to their japanese brothers...

i had a blast with a uk spec, charcoal grey impreza, and kept with it in my willified hybrid - and i was 3 up!

when i had a blast 1 on 1 with my work mates type r scoob, it was a completely different ball game... to say i lost would be an understatement... this is why im looking for an RA scoob :wink:.

the uk scoobs really aren't all that... you'd be surprised what you can keep with.

David
22-09-2005, 10:53
I believe that is because the Uk Scoobies were 205BHP 212BHP and 220BHP

SO really nothing special but potential to go alot more with the right mods!!! for example mates old one was Turbo 2000 got used to power very quickly and ended up like this (www.tlmotorsport.com
click workshop then staff cars James Edwards Classic Impreza (x-staff car))

running at 1.5 bar boost at times lol

now this felt quick and was!!! R1 BRING IT ON etc etc

David

David
22-09-2005, 10:54
I believe that is because the Uk Scoobies were 205BHP 212BHP and 220BHP

SO really nothing special but potential to go alot more with the right mods!!! for example mates old one was Turbo 2000 got used to power very quickly and ended up like this (www.tlmotorsport.com
click workshop then staff cars James Edwards Classic Impreza (x-staff car))

running at 1.5 bar boost at times lol

now this felt quick and was!!! R1 BRING IT ON etc etc

PS White Scooby now replaced with R33 GTR V-Spec Skyline (For Sale on Ebay)
WRX STI Type Uk PPP now with Black rims looks so phat!!!
David