PDA

View Full Version : couple of problems **help needed**

JayR
10-09-2005, 17:29
Right not the biggest problem in the world i guess but every now and again my ABS light comes on and stays on............How can i rectify that?

Again every now and again my oil pressure guage decides not to work until 5 mins into driving.............Anyone have this and know how i can sort it?

Right now for the problem im abit worried about.............Cars idelling funny from cold (sits at about 1.1k) and on a couple of occasions when iv taken the car out of gear when coming to a halt the car has cut out!!!

When its warm it seems fine and sits on 900k like my old valver lump did but still if i take it out of gear once rolling at say 30 the rev needle seems to go up and down like its still reving even though my foots nowhere near the accelarator pedel........Anyone know how and where i can get this set right? Is this affecting my performance as some of you know an st fiesta did rather well against me recently which you all found quite strange and i was abit shocked too!!! :oops:

tbh the car seems to be the same kind of pace as my valver did............And that had 17's at the time!!! :shock:

Any help much appreciated!!!

Jay

BRUN
10-09-2005, 18:40
1.1k from cold isnt too bad mate, should start idlin at 900 though after a few mins

as far as i know the oil pressure sender is next to the oil filter and you can see it easy enough, so have a look see if the connector is on properly

2 live
10-09-2005, 20:32
the oil pressure sender is located at the back of the block underneath the manifold. bit of a bastard to get to

Rajk
12-09-2005, 01:06
have a look at the red plastic thing on the throttle, you will see 3 wires coming from it, the plastic on the wires tends to decay or burn off, if the wires touch then you get the hunting whilst the car idles.

check your abs sensors have not come loose and just push fit them back, the white join in the arch