PDA

View Full Version : selling on ebay

Mattie
10-09-2005, 12:35
does any body buy and sell stuff on ebay maybe 4 a living, or maybe jus to make a little bit of extra cash???

iv been thinkin of doin it 4 sum time now but just dont kno where 2 start and im not sure i kno how 2 make a decent amount of money.....wen i say decent i dont meen like 100's of pounds, just enough money 2 make it worth while!

if anybody can help let me kno! :D

FATBOY
10-09-2005, 13:11
theres plenty fo sites out there that can help you mate! must admit there is alot of people who sell on there for a living!

Slithers
10-09-2005, 13:24
To be honest mate, the arse has dropped out of ebay selling, unless you can offer summit completely unique that people want.

Put it this way, there are so many DVD and CD sellers you can pay a fiver for a brand new CD/DVD, so unless your buying in bulk very cheap its pointless selling that sort of sruff.

Car breaking seems fairly profitable though, 205 gti's mk1 and 2 golf gtis all turn up a lot of hits.

Car stereos also seem like a very active market.

The other problem is posting a and packaging, its a pain in the arse, you can waste an entire evening sorting out P&P, then u got to go to the post office.

If you do decide to sell, heres a couple of tips.

1. always bump up postage to cover ebay fees.

2. make sure you setup your paypal account for selling, and remember you lose 5% of each paypal transaction you recieve.

3. always offer personal cheques as forms of payment, as this avoids paypal loss.

4. people will try and hassle you to end the auction early for expensive items, try and work out what you want each item to go for and wait till as late as possible in the auction then decide if you want to end auctions early.

5. dont post feedback for buyers of your items till they leave it for you first, hassle them to leave feedback aswell. and if they dont leave feedback at all....**** it dont leave it for them.

Gav
10-09-2005, 17:52

so thats why it cost 10quid postage for a mouse mat then :?

Scott-16v!
10-09-2005, 18:26

so thats why it cost 10quid postage for a mouse mat then :?
lol, tell me you didn't buy it :? :lol:

Gav
10-09-2005, 18:27
nah brought anothet one but still 3 pound postage.

Rip Off Merchants

LEIGH-ANNE
11-09-2005, 11:02
i do a bit of that mate, id be quite happy to help ya one evening or sumthing. Do u have broadband? if so it will be easier for me to show you how to list sumthing. As we could use remote assistance so u could see wot im doing

anyways let me now :)

Purple
11-09-2005, 11:52
If you are auctioning a fairly hot item like cellphone; ignore the inevitable foreign bidders (usually Nigerian) that gives you a load of bull about how they urgently need the item and will send money immediately. But the stupid catch is the bank, money courier company etc will only release the money to you, after you show proof of the airwaybill of having sent the item.

Few other variations to this scam - just ignore them all.

summeh
11-09-2005, 21:40
I use www.interparcel.com to arrange all my deliveries, v cheap rates ! v good !

Saves going to the post office.