PDA

View Full Version : Phase 2 interior

Jas
31-08-2017, 01:26
Hey Guys

I bought a phase 2 Williams a couple of months back that was being used as a track car. The body, engine and drive train are all good but the interior has been completely stripped out. I have managed to find a set of original seats but having difficulty sourcing the rest of the interior and alloys so hoping you guys may have or know where to get hold of these items? Also not sure what the difference between the Williams phase 2 interior would be to other clio's - believe the seats, gear knob, carpet and dials were different but were the door cards, center console, seat belts, roof and boot lining etc different?

Thx

16v_paddy
31-08-2017, 01:50
The interior is pretty much identical on all 3 versions of the Williams, there's a couple of slight variations in the front seats but it'll take someone seriously anal to be able to notice them.

The differences in clocks, seats etc are all in the different phases of the Valver so you can pretty much ignore those

Vandella
31-08-2017, 10:21
the front seats difference is the pattern on the bolsters isnt it?

W1 dont have the pattern on the inside of the bolsters whereas the 2 and 3 do?!

another thing that will be different is the heater dials/knobs (more round than square) and the pattern of the foot rest/insert in the carpet, and then the door cards.. the 2 and 3 have speakers in them where as the W1 dont.

LeeB
01-09-2017, 14:53
Hi Jas, my W2 doesn't have speakers in the door cards, I think it was just the W3 that had them. I've got a door card (drivers I think as I come across one in better condition so bought it and replaced it), it has the usual crack in the arm rest section that appears to be very common, but otherwise will 'fill a hole' if you want it. I also have a parcel shelf, it's the wrong shade of grey but agiain it will 'fill a hole' (or you could get it recovered?). Please PM me if interested. Good luck sourcing everything else, glad you are rescuing a car from the track. I'm sure lots of us have got bits lying around and bits do crop up from time to time if you keep searching!

Ayli Carper
01-09-2017, 19:35
Best bet is probably to find a 3 door clio and strip it out. Awful but true, as some corkers do come up from time to time.

eg http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-Renault-Clio-1-2-NOW-350-ono-/322647439912?hash=item4b1f493a28:g:JocAAOSwQwBZjVb 3 at that price and what you'd pay picking up bits here and there and what you could use and/or sell on it would make sense.

LeeB
02-09-2017, 09:50
That's true, even getting hold of the external door weather strips and trims is a nightmare now!

Ayli Carper
04-09-2017, 14:16
Or this one but I imagine it will go for silly money - £62 at the moment - but no driver's door card

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLIO-MK1-1-8-16V-with-Williams-parts-project-car-no-engine-/182746508451?hash=item2a8c8a6ca3:g:0gUAAOSwUnFZrEG e

aj5thur
26-09-2017, 11:08
Any update on your interior project?