PDA

View Full Version : Fixed lumpy running low down rev range

clowo16v
08-09-2005, 14:05
For the few weeks the Valver has been running not very well low down the rev range, almost like (at high revs) when I had the IK on and had been sat in traffic for a while. 3rd, 4th and 5th were fine higher up the revs but low down it felt dead.

Anyway took all the breather pipes off today to clean them, aswell as the rocker cover to clean inside the breather unions. Noticed that 2 sensors had fell off from underneath the intake manfiold as the small metal U shaped clips had gone. Put them back on, ****in ell it feels completely different. At low revs it feels a lot sharper, and the pickup is a lot quicker.

As an aside, will it be damaging anything if I run without the rocker cover gasket. I have been doing for months, and I cant see any damage or leaking but if it will cause problems i'll fit one.

See ya

MAtt

Scott-16v!
08-09-2005, 14:12
i'm no expert but imo a cover is there for a reason

Rich
08-09-2005, 14:23
you'll end up with oil in the plug wells eventually which wil cause runnign problems

clowo16v
08-09-2005, 14:44
There was oil in the plug wells when the gasket was on. Mopped it all up ages ago and refitted the cover without the gasket and its been fine since.

See ya

Matt

Rich
08-09-2005, 14:45
the gasket will have been fecked then mate, if they were supposed to run without a gasket they wouldnt have put one in from new is my thinking mate

summeh
08-09-2005, 14:46
gasket aint critical but just to keep the oil from leaking out... doesn't need to be air tight, after all, there is 2 breather pipes into the rocker cover anyway.

i'd fit one if i was you... 16quid from reno, prolly cheaper from gsf/unipart etc

clowo16v
08-09-2005, 14:47
I'll fit one eventually lol. Doesn't matter tbh the engine is only gona be in there another 6 months.

See ya

Matt

Justin..
08-09-2005, 18:12
I'll fit one eventually lol. Doesn't matter tbh the engine is only gona be in there another 6 months.

See ya

Matt

lol :roll: