PDA

View Full Version : Proclean

Tommo
08-09-2005, 12:09
Got my wheels back from Proclean today and I can say I am very happy with the results, a perfect match, they look like new wheels. I can't recommend this place enough, very helpful staff and they were done in 1 day! I will get photo's up asap!!

Col

northy
08-09-2005, 13:02
carnt wait to see the pictures mate....a few people have been there now....should be getting used to them !

Tommo
08-09-2005, 13:21
I will get pictures up tomorrow mate after a full valet.... :wink:

I was quite surpirsed how good they were as I've heard different storys about Proclean but from my experience they are very good and at £40 a wheel with polished rim it's money well spent imo!

Jan
08-09-2005, 14:17
Where are they based? North somewhere I'm guessing? Seems like a good price compared to others

Could I send my wheels up to them :?

Tommo
08-09-2005, 14:40
Where are they based? North somewhere I'm guessing? Seems like a good price compared to others

Yes Jan based in the North West, in Prescot on Merseyside. Don't know about sending the wheels to them, probably best to talk to them directly, here's a link mate http://www.procleanalloys.co.uk/

You might be able to get them done cheaper if you just send the wheels cos I know they do charge for fitting & balancing tyres

Col

GazTwo
08-09-2005, 19:38

If your going to the Renault weekend this weekend mate give them to someone then we can bring them back to u at Donington....job sorted.... :wink:

Gav
08-09-2005, 23:13
got them pics dude?

im on the edge of my seat waiting to see how good they are

Tommo
09-09-2005, 16:53
Here you go fellas, a couple of photo's of the willy with the Proclean refurbs...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/Tommo2/Williams%2009-09-05/ProcleanWheel.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/Tommo2/Williams%2009-09-05/WashWax.jpg

VIPERONE
09-09-2005, 19:16
he must have been hungover when he did mine :-|

willy3ams
22-11-2005, 01:47
they look really good! im impressed!
was thinking of getting mine powder coated - i take it these were just etch primed and sprayed?

Mattie
22-11-2005, 11:27
ye thats a job well dun IMO! might have 2 send mine up as i dont think i can be bothered with doin them myself now :roll:

2 live
24-04-2006, 15:18
another good result from em...iv lost the pics i had of mine when id just got em back....think gunner has some of em tho

Swervin_Mervin
24-04-2006, 15:20
Fcukers quoted me a fortune per wheel just to re-cut the rim. £50 IIRC.

Looks like a top job though Tommo.

Tommo
24-04-2006, 15:34
That seems excessive mervin, as I said I paid £40 a wheel for refurb...

The wheels are still that good now 8 Months down the line so they do hold up well, the rim does get stained as they weren't lacquered but I use an alloy polish the they come out perfect again.

Swervin_Mervin
24-04-2006, 15:41
I tried to explain to the woman on the end of the telephone that they were already coated and mostly laquered and that all I needed was the rim re-cut and laquered.

Tommo
24-04-2006, 16:18
I tried to explain to the woman on the end of the telephone that they were already coated and mostly laquered and that all I needed was the rim re-cut and laquered.

Yeah I don't think her peoples skills are the best tbh, she didn't even thank me when I handed over 160 notes for the work done. Try and get one of the guys on the phone who actually know what they're talking about and I'm sure you will get it cheaper than that. I had quite an in depth converation with the guy before taking my car down and seemed like a good bloke and knew his stuff.

MatBrown
25-04-2006, 01:18
That seems excessive mervin, as I said I paid £40 a wheel for refurb...

I think his quote is high cos he's asking for the rim to be diamond cut, not polished.

Mat.

wavy
25-04-2006, 01:35
when you say 1 day how does that work
drop them off monday pick up tuesday ? or pick up wednesday
did u use a courier company or in person with or without tyres(+replace n balanced)
seems a very good price at £40 a wheel with polished rim the colour looks good did u supply the colour code or do they know it ?

i havnt got spare wheels so need as much info please to see if its possable for me to get this before FCS as well as MOT+ starter moter
i needs more money[-o<
thanks
dave

Tommo
25-04-2006, 12:40
when you say 1 day how does that work
drop them off monday pick up tuesday ? or pick up wednesday
did u use a courier company or in person with or without tyres(+replace n balanced)
seems a very good price at £40 a wheel with polished rim the colour looks good did u supply the colour code or do they know it ?

i havnt got spare wheels so need as much info please to see if its possable for me to get this before FCS as well as MOT+ starter moter
i needs more money[-o<
thanks
dave

Yes, you drop your car off in the morning and pick up the following morning so you would need somebody to follow you down and give u a lift home, then take u down the next day.

I drove the car down to them as this way it's done quicker. They can balance the tyres there.

I was going to supply them with the paint code but the guy was confident that they had an exact match, and as you can see from the photos they're a good match.

Hope this helps
Col

VIPERONE
25-04-2006, 13:00
they are a goo match.
I had to return whels twice.. and the match was still shite lol as was the qulty of work....i must of had the yts sprayer

wavy
26-04-2006, 11:42
thanks for the info Tommo sounds easy if u leave the car
im tryin to save quick before fcs :)

2 live
01-05-2006, 10:40
hooligan...jus stick urs up on axle stands or summat.take em in.jct 7 on the m60 IIRC onl;y takes 1/2 hour.....take em over, drop em off...leave new tyres if any going on after refurb, go home........collect a day or 2 after.

i think wen i had mine done, i dropped em off on mon, picked em up on thurs, that was jus before donny show 3 years ago..they still look pretty good tbh...well.a lot better than they were wen i got em lol

Daz.
01-05-2006, 13:38
got mine done again there as I was desperate - colours spot on so is the lip but yet again they didnt bother preparing then properly again - they just sprayed straight over the silver that was on them...

Not going again