PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear 182 Lap

KingStromba
01-03-2005, 20:28
There is no doubt in my mind that Clarkson is reading from a script. I think Reno paid alot of ppl off to get this car in the spotlight. I think some Williams drivers need to drive it to see whether it is Reno hype.

lagerlout1
02-03-2005, 02:06
Yup, me too. I thought that the he started off giving his own opinion (which for my money isn't worth two shits anyway) about the car saying it was uncomfortable, cheap, noisy etc..... and then went on to completley contradict himself, saying that it was a comfortable drive mentioning the CC etc..... Nothing more than a press release imho. Looked good on three wheels though and the Stig made it fly even on a damp track*

*apologies for appearing to praise a 182. I understand it is not a patch on a Willy in terms of handling, looks, kudos etc...

Enid
02-03-2005, 08:58
I test drove a 182 and thought it was very good. The driving position is crap which would put me off. The car handles very very well. Loads of front end grip and seems very stable around corners. Personally I dont think it is overated at all, as an all round package it probably is one of the best hot hatches around at the moment. Flame suit on.

KingStromba
02-03-2005, 10:43
Ive never doubted it was a great car, the 172 too also (i nearly bought one). Just as lager says, he slates the car in the first part of the review. It rattles, crap driving position, small renault etc. Then (and he makes no effort to hide it in my opinion) he just churns off a load of features (stiffer sidewall tyres CC etc) as if reading a Reno catelogue. The bit that really gives it away is the bit were he says the power and the torque. Difficult to describe on here, but im experienced enough to know you dont say things the way he did then, if its not a cue card (read press release).

I have the vid on my hard drive. I think its on the top gear web site. Any one got the link to the car vids section?

lagerlout1
02-03-2005, 19:53
I've got it at home, I'll post it up later if. Some good vids on there.

lagerlout1
03-03-2005, 13:08
The link I have for it no longer works ?? :(

http://topgear.breedbandportal.kpn.com/cars.aspx

Smokey McPot
03-03-2005, 22:13
I test drove a 182 and thought it was very good. The driving position is crap which would put me off. The car handles very very well. Loads of front end grip and seems very stable around corners. Personally I dont think it is overated at all, as an all round package it probably is one of the best hot hatches around at the moment. Flame suit on.

It didnt put you off a 172 Cup, which.....errrm.....is exactly the same driving position......