PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest.....

katbloke
10-10-2016, 17:40
Right all,
You've all seen my shell restoration post.
I don't think i'm ever going to get around to finishing at this rate.
I've spent £8100 to get the shell to the condition it is now so would like at least 6.5 to put towards a VW T4 more suitable for a family now.
Ideal to reshell your rusty one into this one.
Thinking out loud whats everyone elses thoughts.
Its had all the rust gone new inner front wings jacking points etc subframe restored yada yada

Thread...
http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?44433-Williams-off-to-be-de-rusted&highlight=restoration

Cheers.
Graham

Wobba
13-10-2016, 01:44
Right all,
You've all seen my shell restoration post.
I don't think i'm ever going to get around to finishing at this rate.
I've spent £8100 to get the shell to the condition it is now so would like at least 6.5 to put towards a VW T4 more suitable for a family now.
Ideal to reshell your rusty one into this one.
Thinking out loud whats everyone elses thoughts.
Its had all the rust gone new inner front wings jacking points etc subframe restored yada yada

Thread...
http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?44433-Williams-off-to-be-de-rusted&highlight=restoration

Cheers.
Graham

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/barneywobba/Miscellaneous/achieve_zpszedhoeam.jpg

Get if finished :D

A123
16-10-2016, 00:41
You'll kick yourself if you dont !

PhilW
16-10-2016, 09:50
Hey Graham, I'm sorry to hear that you have reached this stage with your resto.
Between you and Resto Shack the resto was being carred out to a very high standard ensuring that the car was not only going to look great outside, but also be great underneath.

If I had the space and the time I would buy your project off you like a shot, but currently I have too many cars and too little time.

Its tempting to say that you have got this far so why not finish the project, but clearly you have other things that you need to do with your life right now. I also know that I always thought that once I had completed the bodywork resto, I could finish the car very quickly as it was just a case of puting everything back in. However once you have done the bodywork properly you need to refurbish and replace all the parts that go back in, its a hell of a task.

I hope that you either change your mind or find someone who will take your project to completion.
If in the meantime if I find some space, I'll give you a shout......

katbloke
23-10-2016, 17:38
Hey Graham, I'm sorry to hear that you have reached this stage with your resto.
Between you and Resto Shack the resto was being carred out to a very high standard ensuring that the car was not only going to look great outside, but also be great underneath.

If I had the space and the time I would buy your project off you like a shot, but currently I have too many cars and too little time.

Its tempting to say that you have got this far so why not finish the project, but clearly you have other things that you need to do with your life right now. I also know that I always thought that once I had completed the bodywork resto, I could finish the car very quickly as it was just a case of puting everything back in. However once you have done the bodywork properly you need to refurbish and replace all the parts that go back in, its a hell of a task.

I hope that you either change your mind or find someone who will take your project to completion.
If in the meantime if I find some space, I'll give you a shout......

Its like one of those jigsaws or lego sets without instructions, a bugger to remember how to piece it all back together

PhilW
23-10-2016, 20:25
Hey Graham, Thats why I have 2,500 + images as there is no way I would be able to remember where it all goes either. The images have helped me out now on many occasions.
I you need any help with anything let me know.

You may be thinking that I didnt come back to you over the timing cover bolts, but to be honest after looking at it, the engineering shop boys put that on and I didnt fancy undoing the bolts and distrubing the gasket.
Last thing that I want is an oil leak when it gets fired up.

regarding, images, just ask, If I can help I will.

northy
25-10-2016, 15:31
stop being a girl - get it finished!