PDA

View Full Version : Hello from sunny Manchester !

A123
28-09-2016, 19:42
Hi Williams Clio enthusiasts,

Just thought I'd say hello, and introduce myself briefly.

I'm on the look out for a decent car, after selling my mk2 golf gti 16v, earlier this year, and would like to try something else, something French !

Have owned all sorts of hatchbacks over the years, Fords, Saabs, Volvo, BMW, Audi, VW but strangely never a French car.

The Renault Clio Williams has definitely captured my imagination so far, if its better than my previous mk2 then I'm in for a treat.

If I can find one that's got a reasonable mileage and decent bodywork/paintwork then I will take the plunge.

If anyone has anything to offer please feel free to contact.

Cheers A123 (Alex)

Anthony-APL
29-09-2016, 07:20
I'm in Stockport and just bought a Williams one but in need of some work if your interested in a project

Fdl76
29-09-2016, 08:33
Hi Alex,

I was in your position few weeks ago, I have a W2 now, enjoying every minute of it before winter.
I would say that wait to find the right one, be patient... Body work, parts are expensive, so research, see a couple and then she will come to you.
The market is little, and prices still way below french market, so it is the right time to buy...

Cheers
Fred

Chris197F1
29-09-2016, 08:47
Welcome Alex, also from Manchester :)
I was in the market for a Williams but ended up with a 182 Trophy :)

hny
29-09-2016, 10:50
welcome i'am also from manchester .

A123
29-09-2016, 11:29
Thanks guys for the friendly welcome :grin:

A123
29-09-2016, 11:59
Thanks hny have you got a 1,2, or 3 ? or none of the above ?

hny
29-09-2016, 18:28
Thanks hny have you got a 1,2, or 3 ? or none of the above ?

currently i don't have one . waiting for the rite car .

A123
29-09-2016, 20:33
Join the club, must be quite a few members of the Virtual Clio Williams Club

Wobba
30-09-2016, 02:15
Hehehe :D

Welcome Alex!

I don't post here as much as I used to, but there a few of the others here that may be able to help out with your searching!

Since the 90's I wanted a Williams, and I finally got one about 8 years ago: No. 0217

It has been a serious adventure, I don't think I will ever sell it. It used to be my daily car and has been once or twice even when I had other nice cars with it, due to them breaking down. I think because I used it everyday it became a bit 'normal' for me, but for other people it is far from normal. It is a hot hatch Legend and provokes petrol heads and inquisitive folk to come over and ask me stuff about it. Before I blew it up about 4 months ago I had some new track day tyres put on, and when I came back the staff were taking pics of it outside.

My new job, there are quite a few people who know there cars, they keep asking me about it. I am only a lowly serf nowadays, but some of the top brass are petrol heads and have hunted me down to talk track days etc :D

It's a cracking car, going up in value fast, but if you know what you are doing with a spanner then mechanicals are quite easy to sort so you can source a few bargains still...

Wobba
30-09-2016, 02:17
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/barneywobba/Williams%20217/IMAG0258_zpsrezrvx0h.jpg

A123
30-09-2016, 11:29
Hi Wobba,

Thanks for the welcome, sorry to here about your car, hope you get it sorted. I'm on a part time level 2 IMI mechanics course at the moment, lets just say I'm a mature student ! Ive done quite a bit of detailing, been on a classic car restoration course and restored a couple of cars and sold them on using skilled professionals to help me (not easy to find people who know older cars) I soon realised that bodywork is a hell of a lot harder than it looks, so find a good pro or try and buy something that needs a minimal amount, easier said than done. Ive had a fair bit of experience with cars over the years but a hell of a lot to learn, and decided that I really needed to get more hands on knowledge hence the mechanics course. I get the feeling the Clio Williams is a good teacher, but hopefully not a cruel mistress.... I just joined yesterday as a subscriber so hopefully I can pick up as much help on here as and when I need it. Can see this being a serious adventure as you say. Its a rare car whichever mark. Early days for me, so any pointers feel free I'm here to learn.

Good luck getting yours sorted.

A123
02-10-2016, 13:20
Oh dear oh dear... the Williams 3 I looked at yesterday was needing far too much TLC for my liking....I'm quite picky so I can see I might struggle.

I like cars which are pretty much standard when I buy them, or at the most something I can put back to standard and I'm not sure its possible to find anything like that now, or it would be mega money

By reading the other threads it sounds like the original exhaust systems are no longer available....is that right ?

Jon2308
02-10-2016, 17:00
Oh dear oh dear... the Williams 3 I looked at yesterday was needing far too much TLC for my liking....I'm quite picky so I can see I might struggle.

I like cars which are pretty much standard when I buy them, or at the most something I can put back to standard and I'm not sure its possible to find anything like that now, or it would be mega money

By reading the other threads it sounds like the original exhaust systems are no longer available....is that right ?

I struggled to find anything but you can find odd bits here and there from what ive seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianbirch
02-10-2016, 17:03
Exhaust is showing as still available from....

http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/page/5/?s=+clio+williams&Submit=Search

I bought a rear section a while ago from RPD and it was fine.

Regards Ian

A123
02-10-2016, 17:07
A bit difficult than the mk2 valver I used to have, thanks for the link

northy
21-10-2016, 21:57
If you need any help viewing cars let me know and i will pop over as I am in Wigan