PDA

View Full Version : Temp gauge problem... Confused

tomolad20
18-07-2016, 01:12
Temp gauge reading cold/ barely moves. Heaters cool occasionally get Luke warm. Switch newly replaced. Tested fan. All works as it should

This problem has plagued me since I took ownership its fu(k!n? Pi55ing me the fu(|< off now

Anyone had similar issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandella
18-07-2016, 08:13
could be the heater matrix blocked.. have u flushed the coolant since you've had it? this would help the issue of luke warm air.. if a flush doesn't work then maybe time to replace the matrix (not a fun job) as its behind the dash down by the passenger foot well, the manuals say the dash has to come off but I've read some people have managed to do it with the dash still in place. I managed to do mine, taking the dash off, changing matrix, refitting dash and filled back up in a day..

Crossers
18-07-2016, 13:49
So the coolant temp gauge barely moves? How long do you drive the car for? If the coolant isn't getting warm then that might indicate that the thermostat is stuck open. If you only use the car for journeys of 10-15 miles or less, the coolant may not get up to the 90-95 degrees it should be at with the coolant circuit permanently open. This would also explain the heater only blowing luke-warm air.

Paul

16v_paddy
18-07-2016, 21:38
Thermostat would be my 1st port of call tbh followed by the sensor for the gauge which is on top of the thermostat housing pointing upwards, both are very cheap & easy to replace.