PDA

View Full Version : ignition barrel removal

Philkimber
04-07-2016, 17:32
Has anyone got the instructions on how to remove the ignition barrel? The wires behind mine are loose causing starting issues - I found an old archived guide but it wont let me access it! Basically if I wiggle the wires whilst the key is in pos2 it will come alive, move them and it goes off again. Would like to remove the barrel make a decent connection.

Cheers

Vandella
04-07-2016, 18:51
so off with the steering cowel - three torx screws under the steering wheel, the bottom bit should then come off with some persuasion, there's plastic clips mind, so don't be too forceful, then the top bit has two more torx screws which you'll see immediately, once the bottom parts off..)

then off with the plastic key surround..disconnect the wires from the back of the barrel.

theres one screw holding it in to the column, and then you need to have the steering lock off or the key in pos'2 i forget which, and it should pull out..

will3232
24-07-2016, 20:33
Buying a 16v Clio now and the current owner doesn't have the keys as its a barn find. Is it possible to remove the lock without the old keys? I have a new barrel ready to fit?