PDA

View Full Version : Williams brakes, how can they be improved????

paulous2k
07-09-2005, 13:29
Had my Williams (I) off the road for a few weeks getting the gearbox fixed so have been driving my MkII XR2 instead, getting back in to the Williams after the fiesta I was shocked by just how appaling the brakes were! Yes my MkII fiesta beats my williams for stopping power!

The pedal is spongy and travels quite far before anything happens. Can anyone suggest the best way to improve this, preferably without spending a fortune. Ideally I'd like like less pedal travel and generally better braking all round........before I crash! :shock:

Cheers,

Paul.

Swervin_Mervin
07-09-2005, 13:33
New pads (Ferodo DS2500) new discs (std jobbies from GSF) and a brake fluid change would be the first and cheapest option.

J o n
07-09-2005, 13:34
best thing to do is remove the lot and go to 4 pots if you can afford it really...

northy
07-09-2005, 14:24
brembo max disks and ferodo pads work well on williams.

But for the ultimate stopping power 4 pot kits (£420) are the way to go.

Im doing a full review on these in the next month so bear with me.

paulous2k
07-09-2005, 14:29
Thanks, I'll wait for your review. 4 pots would be nice, expensive though, and how easy are they to fit? Is it an easy DIY job? I've replaced normal disks and pads before but nothing beyond that.

Been looknig and there's loads of disks and pads on the market so I guess I just need to know what the best tried and tested combination is for the williams