PDA

View Full Version : F7 Power - Rival?

J o n
07-09-2005, 11:47
what's the crack then, it is another clone site designed by people from here that want the site run a certain way and to rival Clio Williams?

TBH i cant see the point in it, it's been created seemingly out of spite imo, and I feel the creator is a bit of a shit for copying Rich's site. Reason I say this is that clearly it's a Williams/Valver site... the alloy kind of gave the game away... it says more that the Willy alloy was chosen than any other (Megane for example?), obviously it's creator had Williams on the mind when creating it ;)

Good luck to it, cant see it lasting though, depends I suppose on how many members they think they can poach... I'm sorry that Stromba found the site too and you made him a moderator, that will ultimately be your clubs doom and demise, people will sign up to see the freak show, then get bored of the "same shit different day" antics. Peace.

FlamingMonkey
07-09-2005, 11:53
Perhaps its a "Fatboy breakaway Forum" and the "Northern elite need not apply" :wink:

northy
07-09-2005, 11:57
lol....at the N/W divide - didnt know one existed.

I wish U33D all the best - its hard to run and maintain site.

Its no threat to Williamsclio - but it would be nice to see F7Rpower focus as an online engine resource.

OneEyedWilly
07-09-2005, 12:11
The site is shite. i can't see how it can possibly be a rival.

Rich
07-09-2005, 12:22
maybe its juyst more focused on the f7 engine as against the whole car? nothing wrong with setting up another forum, a lot will choose to look at both forums some may not but does it really matter? people post where they want to post

Tommo
07-09-2005, 12:24
Don't see any harm in it tbh, some good stickys on there too. Good luck to the guy. They won't poach people, it's just another forum to use as well as this one, just as people still use cliosport.

Zollo
07-09-2005, 12:54
:roll:

Jamie.
07-09-2005, 12:56
all this moaning and whinging is pathetic! prehaps f7 maybe a copy of wc, but then maybe wc is a copy of cs! just because there are more forums doesnt mean that there is "competition". Jesus, even when stromba is gone ur still moaning abt him, prehaps u shud just move on yeh.

northy
07-09-2005, 12:59
ok mate, its just a few questions...no harm being done.

I pride myself on running williamsclio along side cliosport as we have done for almost a year.

Its hard to be differant on a car forum :wink:

Jamie.
07-09-2005, 13:06
ok mate, its just a few questions...no harm being done.

I pride myself on running williamsclio along side cliosport as we have done for almost a year.

Its hard to be differant on a car forum :wink:

yeh and ur doing a good job, every car forum is similar and everytime a new one is made it cud be labled a copy of its predessor but that in reaility is not how it is. for all i give a shit there cud be a million forums, just means there more shit to read and interesting skive time, although i dont feel begrudged that one has been made.

J o n
07-09-2005, 13:21
all this moaning and whinging is pathetic! prehaps f7 maybe a copy of wc, but then maybe wc is a copy of cs! just because there are more forums doesnt mean that there is "competition". Jesus, even when stromba is gone ur still moaning abt him, prehaps u shud just move on yeh.

who's moaning or whinging? i just thinks it's all a bit funny how Stromba gets banned and then this other site pops up that's all, i'm not moaning at him, but why didn't they just call it www.havethelastword.co.uk? ;)

as for WC being a copy of CS that just sounds silly, CS is mainly for MK2's and cleaning threads, this is a website for the Clio Williams and Valvers :roll:

snakeylady
07-09-2005, 13:37
I post on there and have joined - not because it's a rival site - I love this site and it will always be my 'main' site, but because I love talking and meeting people and chatting about cars - which hopefully is what the majority of posts are for. For Gods sake can we give all this bitchyness a rest - whoever said us females were catty needs to see some of the comments [by a very few] posted on here :roll:

NickFr
07-09-2005, 14:49
I put the question of " what the differences will be"? to the creator of this site and in fairness, his reply and reasoning were sound....to have a site that is a little more inclusive of all cars that are F7 powered.

As Northy has said " its hard to be different on a car forum. Also some would say that " imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

This site, for me has everything personally that I want, a good mix of technical info, events....etc....but most of all a good group of people to share info, experiences and best of all have a good laugh with......hard act to follow :wink:

Lets not have a Bun fight over this.....KS a Mod now thats is a little strange :? :shock:

northy
07-09-2005, 15:08
i dont think it will get to a handbag stage again - its been great on here the last few weeks, and i can see great future for the club.

Nicks williams is getting sorted, 2live is driving a slow williams, jesus's car hasnt broken, monkey is getting his remap finally, and my brothers car is in bits :wink:

Buzzin !

FlamingMonkey
07-09-2005, 15:48
..........................i just thinks it's all a bit funny how Stromba gets banned and then this other site pops up that's all...

hmm very interesting whois information also.........wonder who owns the domain :wink:

J o n
07-09-2005, 15:49
As Northy has said " its hard to be different on a car forum. Also some would say that " imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

Lets not have a Bun fight over this.....KS a Mod now thats is a little strange :? :shock:

funny you should say that... wonder if it has anything to do with the site being registered to him? ;)

J o n
07-09-2005, 15:51
i dont think it will get to a handbag stage again - its been great on here the last few weeks, and i can see great future for the club.

Nicks williams is getting sorted, 2live is driving a slow williams, jesus's car hasnt broken, monkey is getting his remap finally, and my brothers car is in bits :wink:

Buzzin !

pmsl, t***! lol

(actually it did break, but was only minorest of problem... most minor it will ever have anyway...)

northy
07-09-2005, 16:19
heehee - forgot to add, gaz is away, gunner is driving again, winstons found more weight to remove, martins a clio whore and im skint !

:wink:

u33db
07-09-2005, 16:39
Yeah, as i said on the other topic it's not intended to rival WC, more to try and bring together the knowledge of all F7 owners. Those who've had a look at the likes of retro-renault and coupe-club etc will know what i mean when i say theres a definate divide between the clio massive and the rest of the f7 brigade...IMO it seems a shame that there is all this untapped knowledge for both camps...hence the site name.

RE the Stromba issue, i'm all to aware of certian peoples 'differences' with the chap and thats between them, not anything to do with the site (despite how wrapped up people seem to be getting)...so the 'created in spite' comment is a bit misguided IMO, as is the 'same shit different day antics'.

Anyway, i appeciate the support we've had so far from many of you but theres still quite a way to go...any suggestions to boost up the post count will be much appeciated! :D

P.S As for the point about the front page alloy being a williams one, i was in a hurry to put up a front page with some kind of graphic (now changed btw) - show me where pictures of megane/R19/Valver alloys are readily availble and i might have agreed with your point. They're not though...perhaps another point in favour of the site idea?? :?

Scott-16v!
07-09-2005, 16:41
any suggestions to boost up the post count will be much appeciated! :D

:wink: http://www.sci.fi/~jpoyry/huijarit/spam.jpg

u33db
07-09-2005, 16:42
LOL!

Jan
07-09-2005, 16:46
seems like a good site to me :)

northy
07-09-2005, 17:06
Yeah, as i said on the other topic it's not intended to rival WC, more to try and bring together the knowledge of all F7 owners. Those who've had a look at the likes of retro-renault and coupe-club etc will know what i mean when i say theres a definate divide between the clio massive and the rest of the f7 brigade...IMO it seems a shame that there is all this untapped knowledge for both camps...hence the site name.

RE the Stromba issue, i'm all to aware of certian peoples 'differences' with the chap and thats between them, not anything to do with the site (despite how wrapped up people seem to be getting)...so the 'created in spite' comment is a bit misguided IMO, as is the 'same shit different day antics'.

Anyway, i appeciate the support we've had so far from many of you but theres still quite a way to go...any suggestions to boost up the post count will be much appeciated! :D

P.S As for the point about the front page alloy being a williams one, i was in a hurry to put up a front page with some kind of graphic (now changed btw) - show me where pictures of megane/R19/Valver alloys are readily availble and i might have agreed with your point. They're not though...perhaps another point in favour of the site idea?? :?

Mention That williams wheels should be grey on the rear - that will boost counts :wink:

Do you have any members with meganes on your site yet ???

If it was me - i would have a arty picture of the F7R engine - either cuttaway or exploded....matched into the sites colours.

u33db
07-09-2005, 17:11
Yeah, theres a couple with meganes so far but a bit more advertising to do yet...likewise still trying to entice the R19 brigade across.

Good point on the arty F7 picture...had actually thought of that already but have had difficulty in finding a suitable on/the time to mess in photoshop. My dad is actually bloody good with pen and ink drawing...might sling him some beer tokens to get one... :wink:

northy
07-09-2005, 17:13
It will come.

There are loads of nice F7R pictures out there .

matty
07-09-2005, 17:22
TBH I will use the site if it does tap into more knowledge about F7R engined cars and mods.

Have been a member of cliosport for ages. There are still some on there who know what they are talking about and offer good info, although many have moved here and I guess this new site, but cliosport still seems to be a first point of call.

Only trouble I see with cliosport is the number of people who ask the same question over and over again. Those who dream, those who say what their mates or person in pubs says over anything from someone who may have been there and done that. Not going into Ecotek arguement again but mine is proved, although cannot work as many have said.

To me these forums are about the cars and info, finding stuff you need and helping others where you can. Not that bothered about those having chats amongst themselves, maxpower talk and lads mag pickies.

FATBOY
07-09-2005, 20:25
Perhaps its a "Fatboy breakaway Forum" and the "Northern elite need not apply" :wink:

lol shhhhhhhhhhhhh lol no to be hinest he wanted me to but i declined!

but jamie???

Jamie_Williams3 Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:56 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i suppose it is a copy,but i was getting so fed up of 182 this 172 that. so i decided to give the williams people what they wanted and that was a forum/website/club! put it this way it wasnt thought up over night i looked long and hard into it! also there was hardly any if any proper williamsclio websites! but in 1 year we are looking good and the site is growing and getting bigger by the day! long may it continue! on the other hand f7power.com well i offer the site my full support and i hope that WC can work together with f7power!

:)

stan
07-09-2005, 20:57
i cant register on it....oh well their loss!

FlamingMonkey
07-09-2005, 22:08
So who's site is it fella yours or Stromba's?

NickFr
07-09-2005, 22:31
Why has the forum been locked to guests to have a browse, the danger is that you artificially increase your registered users, without necessarily increasing your posts. You say it is to stop people nicking stuff of the site...like what? This is one of the few sites that guest can't broswe??

Suggestions, to increase post count....don't know really, but surely the quality rather than volume is more important...well unless you are a certain person 384 posts in 11 days :oops:

FATBOY
07-09-2005, 22:31
lol FM ur gettin in a muddle! its none of ours! its U33DB's site!

Martin
07-09-2005, 22:34
lol FM ur gettin in a muddle! its none of ours! its U33DB's site!

He's asking U33db...whether the site is his or Stromba's...

FATBOY
07-09-2005, 22:37
u what mate??? i replied to monkies original message. and he replied back and im answering the 2nd reply to me by telling him its not mine or strombas site but u33db's site!

richy
07-09-2005, 22:38
u pissed again fatboy? lol :P

Scott-16v!
07-09-2005, 22:38
yer see they dont know that we know they know that we KNOW theyyy know 8-[ :-s

NickFr
07-09-2005, 22:41
Can anyone see KS investing any money....did he ever pay his fiver to join our club or contribute to this forum( if you did I apologise)....if I recall he gave a big lecture on what a waste of money it was, and that he wouldn't spend any money until it had...bells and bleadin whistles....so I think it's safe to assume that it's U33db's.

FATBOY
07-09-2005, 22:41
me never richy! i dont drink! teeee total! i never post at 3AM in the morning whilst of my nut! :wink:

richy
07-09-2005, 22:43
me never richy! i dont drink! teeee total! i never post at 3AM in the morning whilst of my nut! :wink:

and i made the world mate :wink:

Martin
07-09-2005, 22:50
I'm confused now :? lol Who cares..!

richy
07-09-2005, 22:56
:D 8)

u33db
07-09-2005, 22:57
i cant register on it....oh well their loss!

Odd...PM me fella and i'll sort it out...

FlamingMonkey
08-09-2005, 00:38
....so I think it's safe to assume that it's U33db's.

I'm intrigued as I'm led believe it isn't Nick well not totally, thats why I asked.

Anyway who the **** cares....

northy
08-09-2005, 08:10
you can check who owns domains on some of the free web address checkers on the www.

FlamingMonkey
08-09-2005, 11:13
you can check who owns domains on some of the free web address checkers on the www.

Exactly, the domain registration has some interesting reading :wink:

J o n
08-09-2005, 11:32
what, you mean that a day after Stromba was banned he'd bought another domain? ... U33db is the front man then it would seem...

Thank god he didn't buy WC...

northy
08-09-2005, 11:44
Who ever is owner of the site - I wish them all the best with it.

It takes alot more than what is seen on the outside to keep it all running smoothly.

Enid
08-09-2005, 14:06
It's a good site site with some intersting articles. Nice to see some of the Retro renault folk over there too. I don't think it should be seen as a rival, more another source of info and am place to meet other people with an interest in the F7 engine series.

kj16v
08-09-2005, 22:32
I agree with what Northy says. I hope it focuses on engine issues. At the moment the site looks exactly the same is this one. No point in that.
I'd like a resource for ALL Renault engines, not just F7.
So far all the non R5 GTT Renault sites (except this one!) seem to be populated by wheel nut polishers and induction kit put'er - on'ers. YAWN!!