PDA

View Full Version : Immobiliser Clio Williams

Motten
14-04-2016, 09:52
Hello
Somebody who knows how the immobiliser on a Clio Williams ´94 works? I think I have one because the engine just runs 2-3 seconds after starting it. I have rebuild the engine and now it will not runa longer time.
Timing is right, ignition is right, fuel pump works, injection valves give fuel mist when I dismounted them to check the function. But just a short time.

I have 2 keys: one for the central locking that works, and one flat normal key to use in the ignition and the fuel tank. The engine started without problems before the renovation.

Some idées?

I have been reading about a ring around the ignition that should have something to do with the immo, a "key" or switch on a black ECU inside the car, many idées, but I´m not sure they fit my car.

BR Ronald

Motten
19-04-2016, 06:18
The problem was, not the Immobiliser, my car does not have one, but the MAP sensor(manifold absolute pressure) that had a broken electric connection! The MAP sensor is the black plastic thing mounted at the left hand side (when standing in front of the car) on the bulkhead nearby the Engine ECU(but inside the engine compartment). A little but important piece!

northy
19-04-2016, 08:55
glad you got it sorted out.

If the alarm immobilizer was at fault, it wouldn't let the engine fire in the first place