PDA

View Full Version : water? ? spark plugs? ?

lewis_willy2
07-09-2005, 10:50
monday night my cluth cable broke, the yellow plastic bit that stops u pullung all the cable through the bulk head, it decided to seperate! sorted las nite tho 8)

wot would cause this??

on monday wen finding out the prob the easy way as it was pitch black was to take the bonnet off, come midnight, i decided it wud b ok to leave the bonnet off, but we had a thunder storm, so i had/have water in the spark plug holes, sitting around the top of the plugs about an inch high, ive soaked up most of it but its running a bit lumpy, wud there be water anywhere else?

northy
07-09-2005, 10:57
take off all your ht leads, and dry, same with the spark plugs and rotor cap.

Anything to do with water and spartplug leads = problems.

lewis_willy2
07-09-2005, 11:22
thats wot i had planned for plugs and leads, just fitted some magnecors, blue ones :D

didnt think of rotor or dizzy, cheers

one more thing, ive got a little bit of water around the plugs, when i remove them it will go into the chamber??????? worry/dont worry?

northy
07-09-2005, 11:26
get some cloth and once the ht leads are removed, soak all the water / oil up before removing the plugs.

Water doesnt compress ! :wink:

Rich
07-09-2005, 11:34
yes hydrolocking is a bitch so make sure you dry ALL the water out before removing the plugs!

clowo16v
07-09-2005, 14:44
Don't hydraulic it whatever you do. Seen it happen on a mini A series engine, the rods were like bananas lol.

See ya

Matt

lewis_willy2
08-09-2005, 16:39
sorted, done wot u lot told me to do and jus dried the water, decided on new plugs and leads, it now pulls sooo much betta :D