PDA

View Full Version : Leda Coilovers!?

Martin
06-09-2005, 20:27
Details from this thread
http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=180829&PagePosition=1

The group buy is open to all. Here are some specific's;

5 people (any car)= nice discount

V6=£1506rrp Discounted £1129 (finalised)

172=unfinalised price, expect similar to 182.

182=£1140rrp Discounted £860 (finalised)

Williams=£891rrp Discounted £786 (finalised)

I'm tempted :shock: these are the daddies of suspension... :twisted:

Justin..
06-09-2005, 20:53
christ, thats a wack off chop off v6 sus

fab
06-09-2005, 22:16
stop teasing me :!: i'm already in on the wheel group buy but will go for the williams suspension if you get enough interest.You didnt happen to get a spring rate from them did you?

edde
06-09-2005, 22:37
stop teasing me :!: i'm already in on the wheel group buy but will go for the williams suspension if you get enough interest.You didnt happen to get a spring rate from them did you?
they supply whatever rate you want.
And the offer free exchange so you cna make them to the spec you want.

Martin
06-09-2005, 23:12
So far

Gary G (definate)

rmccardal (possible?)

Loony (possible?)

Evandim (defininate)

Oldman (defininate)

Martin (williams / possible)

If we get 10 people the price will come down to

£624

northy
07-09-2005, 07:53
I need more info !

ive not added my name yet martin - as i would like to know the exact model and features.

fab
07-09-2005, 08:10
So far

Gary G (definate)

rmccardal (possible?)

Loony (possible?)

Evandim (defininate)

Oldman (defininate)

Fabio (williams / definite)

£624

Gary G
07-09-2005, 11:01
Cheers Martin, just registered with the site to post this lol. Currently this group buy is on RenaultSport, RSC, ClioSport and also here. The group buy is open to other makes of car so if you have a mate that wants suspension then let me know and i'll see what the price/spec and availability will be.

With regards to the Williams clio kit;

It will be supplied with fully adjustable front struts and adjustable rear dampers and includes Eibach race coil springs for the front struts, spring seats, dirt shields and 'c' spanners. Emulsified Gas is an option but the majority will require the normal oil units.

I am currently negotiating discount for 15 people and this could be up to 35% of retail :shock: So let all your mates know and either email me or leave questions here.

Cheers, Gary

northy
07-09-2005, 11:14
hello and welcome gary - thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

ive emailed leda for a data sheet as that info isnt enough for me. As i would like to see the inside workings and valve design.

will the williams front coilovers have provisions for the ABS mountings (that is only on the williams 3)?

Are they independantly adjustable for rebound damping ? (rebound forces)

Do leda offer corrosion warrenties like H&R do ?

Gary G
07-09-2005, 12:41
hello and welcome gary - thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. No problem mate and thanks :D

ive emailed leda for a data sheet as that info isnt enough for me. As i would like to see the inside workings and valve design. I've spoken to them mate and for obvious reasons they wont be able to disclose such information, however i can let you know they are a twin tube design which allows for simultaneously bump and rebound adjustment.

will the williams front coilovers have provisions for the ABS mountings (that is only on the williams 3)? Yes they will

Are they independantly adjustable for rebound damping ? (rebound forces) Due to the twin tube design the units are bump and rebound adjustable in a ratio of 3:1 and is variable in accordance to velocity rod movement. For independant adjustablility of both rebound and bump you will need to upgrade to remote canister's and the kit then becomes competition orientated, the cost will be an additional £616+vat.

Do leda offer corrosion warrenties like H&R do ? No, their kits are nickel plated and they recommend maintenance such as waxoiling them after setting the height. The longevity of these kits will not be an issue i can assure you of this much. They currently have kit's in for rebuilds which are 25years old!! lol

Hope that helps mate, any further technical questions ask away and i will try my best to get back to you.

Cheers

Gary

northy
07-09-2005, 12:53
cheers gary.

any pictures of the williams units ?

Gary G
07-09-2005, 13:05
No sorry mate, can try and get a pic if you like.

northy
07-09-2005, 13:09
Ive emailed them for a picture - will see what they say.

Is the coilover made from a nickel plated steel ??

Gary G
07-09-2005, 19:39
I would assume so mate, i will find out for definate tomorrow.

Any other technical questions i can help you with?

northy
08-09-2005, 07:54
nope...just compairing them to whats avaliable already buddy.

thanks for your help gary - :D

Gary G
08-09-2005, 12:53
The kits are nickel plated steel.

*UPDATE* Deposits are now being taken

Call LEDA on 01376 326531 ask for John and say that you are part of the 'Gary Gray' group buy.

They will need to know the application of your vehicle. For example, if you use it for track, rally cross, or for normal road use.

Secondly, they need to know if you require oil, emulsified gas, gas with remote canister, or double adjustable gas. Dont worry if you dont understand these options John is a friendly chap and will guide you through the basics and make recommendations based on your vehicle's application.

30% deposit is required in order to begin building the units (takes approximately 4 weeks).

Note to those that aren't in an ideal financial position to purchase at the moment- If you can manage the deposit by the first week of October then you will have an additional four weeks to set aside money to pay the rest. Hope that helps some of you out.

Those that do phone up to confirm orders please let me know via this thread/PM/email- fast_car182@hotmail.com

Cheers Guys.

Gary

northy
08-09-2005, 13:01
Thanks gary.

Im going to have to miss out on this deal. But thank you for answering my questions.

fab
08-09-2005, 15:29
The kits are nickel plated steel.

*UPDATE* Deposits are now being taken

Call LEDA on 01376 326531 ask for John and say that you are part of the 'Gary Gray' group buy.

They will need to know the application of your vehicle. For example, if you use it for track, rally cross, or for normal road use.

Secondly, they need to know if you require oil, emulsified gas, gas with remote canister, or double adjustable gas. Dont worry if you dont understand these options John is a friendly chap and will guide you through the basics and make recommendations based on your vehicle's application.

30% deposit is required in order to begin building the units (takes approximately 4 weeks).

Note to those that aren't in an ideal financial position to purchase at the moment- If you can manage the deposit by the first week of October then you will have an additional four weeks to set aside money to pay the rest. Hope that helps some of you out.

Those that do phone up to confirm orders please let me know via this thread/PM/email- fast_car182@hotmail.com

Cheers Guys.

Gary

gary,how do we know what the final price will be?I want to put a deposit on a set now and request adjustable camber brackets also for the williams.

northy
08-09-2005, 15:50
Williams=£891rrp Discounted £786 (finalised)

fab
08-09-2005, 16:53
So far

Gary G (definate)

rmccardal (possible?)

Loony (possible?)

Evandim (defininate)

Oldman (defininate)

Fabio (williams / definite)

£624

?

northy
08-09-2005, 16:57
That price is if they get TEN williams buyers.

There are 3 to my knowledge at the min.

MArtin, fab and Benr

Gary G
08-09-2005, 17:29
£786 is the price for ten orders, fairly sure I will be able to get that many. If not then the discount is 25%. However i'm fairly hopeful for ten as i have posted on RSC, CS, RenaultSport, tyre smoke, piston heads, mini2, scoobynet etc. It doesn't matter what make of car so tell your mates also.

Fab, the camber adjustment was around £50 for my 182 mate and i cant imagine it being much different. Give John a call on the number in my previous post and have a chat, he's a very helpfull guy and really knows his stuff. Remember to quote that you are part of Gary Gray's group buy for discount ;-)

Hope that clears things up

Cheers
Gary

fab
08-09-2005, 18:05
the thing is I can get them for 800 because I will be exporting the units so dont need to pay the vat.At the price Martin quoted I would surely be going for them,but for a saving of 14 pounds then i'm in no rush.

thanks for the replies and sure i will keep my eye on the post should anything change.

Gary G
08-09-2005, 18:26
£786 is the discounted price including VAT so you would pay £650 then! :D

fab
08-09-2005, 20:14
then I will be putting the deposit :D

Gary G
08-09-2005, 20:56
Nice one mate, can i ship mine to you so i dont have to pay VAT then you send them back over to me? lol. Seriously tho whats the deal with not having to pay VAT in ireland? Sounds good to me lol.

Here is the most up-to-date list then;

1. Gary G (definate)

2. rmccardal (definate)

3. Loony (definate)

4. Evandim (definate)

6. Oldman (definate)

7. Martin (possible)

8. Olin (definate)

9. Fabio (definate)

10. John V6 (possible)

11. Colin_S (possible)

12. LMB (mini2) (possible)

13. Porsche 928 GT owner (PH) (possible)

14. BenR (possible)

:D

fab
08-09-2005, 21:46
The way it works is that if you have a VAT registered number and you buy goods from the UK then the seller is not required to add the vat to the invoice as the goods are being exported.

this is it in legal lingo:

EU single market

Where sales are made to businesses that are registered in other EU countries, the supplier need not charge VAT.
The customer's VAT number must be shown on the sales invoice.
The customer is then responsible for accounting for output VAT on the goods on its own VAT return, but may claim input VAT if the goods are for use in making taxable supplies.
However, output VAT must be charged on sales to private individuals in other EU states. Where such sales exceed that state's registration threshold, the trader must register for VAT in that state.

You would have to ask Leda whether they will sell my company all the kits.Then I would invoice all the buyers individualy not showing any profit that way i dont pay capital gains etc etc.
The only thing I would ask is that my kit has its shipping paid for and the camber adjustments added.Think about it.

Gary G
08-09-2005, 22:14
Sounds a bit dodgy really doesnt it mate lol, not sure what LEDA would make of it all and same goes for the other people involved in the group buy. Looks pretty cost effective to me haha 8)

Gary G
09-09-2005, 18:25
1. Gary G (definate-paid)

2. rmccardal (definate-paid)

3. Loony (definate)

4. Evandim (definate-about to pay)

5. Oldman (definate)

6. Colin_S (definate-about to pay)

7. Olin (definate)

8. Fabio (definate)

9. BenR (definate)

10. Martin (possible)

11. LMB (mini2) (possible)

12. Porsche 928 GT owner (PH) (possible)

13. John V6 (possible)

:D

Gary G
12-09-2005, 22:06

1. Gary G (paid)

2. rmccardal (paid)

3. Evandim (paid)

4. Oldman (paid)

5. Colin_S (paid)

6. Olin (paid)

7. Loony (definate)

8.Fabio (definate)

9. BenR (definate)

10. Martin (possible)

11. LMB (mini2) (possible)

12. Porsche 928 GT owner (PH) (possible)

13. John V6 (possible)

14. msa182 (possible)

15. timsclio172 (possible)

To update, we are definately eligible for the 25% discount (£668inc vat), 4-5 more people needed to get the 30% discount and bring the price down to £623inc vat!!

Could i please have confirmation from the possible's whether they are still interested?

Cheers

Gary

Gary G
06-10-2005, 17:14
The group buy closes tomorrow at 5.30pm, 10+ have already paid

If you are interested in a kit (30% discount who wouldnt lol) Call LEDA on 01376 326531.

Cheers

Gary

bill.
03-06-2006, 07:09
are these bad boys still available at £624 quid anyone know? (before i ring em)

cheers

stew
12-06-2006, 21:39
nope, that was a group buy price from a while back. think its nearly 800quid for the single kit now. :cry: :roll:

bill.
21-06-2006, 17:50
:shock: fook that

Coops
21-06-2006, 19:50
800 quid and dont you have to fiddle em to fit the bearing right n all?!what a joke!