PDA

View Full Version : Headlights staying on Williams 2

Willaims#66
06-08-2015, 12:53
Hi

Managed to finally get all gears selecting as solved in earlier thread for my Williams 2. Took it for a test drive and when I got back I turned the headlights off at the stalk and they stayed on... Turned the ignition off and they still stayed on. Finally found the fuse box under scuttle panel and removed the fuses for the headlights but the light on the dashboard indicating that the headlights stayed on. Finally in desperation I just disconnected the battery so that the battery didn't drain and set the immobiliser/alarm off. At that point I realised the doors had been de-locked and the only way to lock the car is to connect the battery and do it via the alarm, then of course the light on the dashboard stays on... Currently car is sitting outside my house not locked so any advice gratefully received!!!

andreas395
06-08-2015, 16:52
Could it be a faulty stalk leaver ? And my Renault 5 has been de locked best way when battery is off is through the boot mate then lock boot with key after :)

Willaims#66
07-08-2015, 08:05
Thought it may be a faulty stalk so that will be the first thing to check...

Unfortunately whoever de-locked my Clio also fitted a solenoid to the boot and took out the locking mechanism so that trick doesn't work with my car!!!