PDA

View Full Version : OE Exhaust - Where from?

Dunc
19-07-2015, 10:16
Well, the magnex thats on the williams has was fitted in 2002 according to the receipts and has seen better days, so im thinking of fitting an original.

Now I imagine this is a big ask finding an OE exhaust, but are they available? Not fussed if its not gen ren, but deffo must have the original style tailpipe!

Dunc

Dunc
19-07-2015, 10:18
I see the rear box is still available from RPD, but where do I get the rest of the system from?

Dunc

Dunc
19-07-2015, 10:22
Ignore the above, im a tool.

Whole systems available from RPD lol

Dunc

Crossers
19-07-2015, 12:45
There is a pattern part with available with the correct tail pipe if Renault draws a blank.

Paul

theweekendhaslanded
19-07-2015, 22:55
I just pick one up from my local Renault dealer, full system. Fits like a glove compared to any aftermarket system. It's somewhat quiet and all of a sudden civilised!

white16valver
20-07-2015, 16:23
I just pick one up from my local Renault dealer, full system. Fits like a glove compared to any aftermarket system. It's somewhat quiet and all of a sudden slower and more boring!

Fixed ;-)

theweekendhaslanded
25-07-2015, 14:45
Fixed ;-)

Absolutely CORRECT!

The stainless will be going back on at some point soon!!

white16valver
25-07-2015, 15:00
Absolutely CORRECT!

The stainless will be going back on at some point soon!!
:lol:

Glad to hear it! :grin:

(Pun intended? lol)

Dunc
25-07-2015, 15:47
lol,

so ur gonna remove the standard system again? and go back to the aftermarket one? fancy selling me the standard one lol

Dunc

theweekendhaslanded
27-07-2015, 22:13
lol,

so ur gonna remove the standard system again? and go back to the aftermarket one? fancy selling me the standard one lol

Dunc

Haha. I must admit that over the last 5 years I have been hearing loud ish sounds from the w3. Popping and barbling! I was fed up with knocking under the car with the aftermarket system I have had fitted so went down standard route. I have also moved house and don't want to upset the neighbours. Now hearing and experiencing the standard system it's certainly not as quick and civilised all of a sudden. It has always been 'daddies noisy blue car' now 'daddies quiet blue car' even the kids are upset!

Dunc
27-07-2015, 22:43
Lol! Well im wanting mine to be quiet for a bit. So it doesnt say "boy racer" haha! I do love the magnex, but do fancy going quiet for a bit!

Dunc