PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have any information on my clio williams cup racer?

WILLIAMS2TURBO
23-06-2015, 07:21
I've recently bought what I was told is a Williams 2 cup racer shell.

Only thing is I have no history with the shell and cannot find anything out about it.

Also the log book states it's a 1.8 rn? But the rn model is a 1.2?

Reg number k949 OOW (also if its a K plate then surely cannot be a Williams2)

I know they where never road registered and was told it should be a 1990 car? But some one has gone through the hassle of registering it.

I thought I was buying a piece of history and have plans to try and make it as original as possible again. But have no idea what I've got and now where to start.

It was also left hand drive originally if that helps?

Vandella
23-06-2015, 11:10
certainly looks like a well prepared car.. you're right in saying that its probably not a Williams, the official cup racers were valvers, not Williams... there are a few people on here (northy included) who are in the know about cup racers.. so they may well be able to help you out with info... what documents/paperwork do you have with it?

WILLIAMS2TURBO
23-06-2015, 13:43
Fingers crossed northy pops up haven't spoken to him on here since I did a bbq many moons ago at fcs...

The car is completely rust free and a perfect Base to build in for sure the cages is a fantastic piece if work.

I bought it blind as ive been waiting a long time for somthing interesting to pop up.

Unfortunately as for paper work all I have is the log book which I'm guessing is from a reshell..

northy
23-06-2015, 13:56
You need to speak to Robert Barrington.

He owned it before the guy you bought it from.

WILLIAMS2TURBO
23-06-2015, 15:38
Ah right I seem to recall him.. Northy do you know the best way of contacting him? (did he not of various user names?)

I bought the shell from a lad called Curtis kroczak and Paul Jones had it before that but neither for very long..

Vandella
24-06-2015, 21:59
ahh there was alot of shit going on fb to do with these guys.. never found out what happened tho.. im sure it wasnt as bad as it first sounded.. :-k

16v_paddy
24-06-2015, 22:10
ahh there was alot of shit going on fb to do with these guys.. never found out what happened tho.. im sure it wasnt as bad as it first sounded.. :-k

Just 2 typical poncey southerners going like this http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7146&stc=1 over some bits attached to the car :lol: