PDA

View Full Version : Sills, where to buy?

will3232
14-06-2015, 23:15
My williams failed mot on a corroded sill and rear arch, I have a replacement arch available. Has anybody bought a sill from anywhere they can recommend? How much should I expect the replacement of the inner and outer sill to cost me?
thanks in advance
Will

PhilW
16-06-2015, 08:10
Hi Will, sorry for the late reply.
I have bought panels from www.carz2.co.uk including sills and arches, please find the codes below, not sure which is left or right side but you will see on the web site. Non of these panels is a straight fit to the Williams as the original panels are different and not available any more, but a decent bodyshop will be able to make them fit with a bit of work.
6031001 Sill
6031002 Sill
rear wheel arch 6031951
Rear wheel arch 6031952
As for costs, its impossible to say. I would suggest that if your sill and wheel arch have corroded enough to be an mot failure, there is a good chance that the corrosion has not stopped there. You could get a cheap temporary patch up job or a full on replacement of everything thats rusty.
Sorry that I cannot be any more help,
good luck with the repair

will3232
16-06-2015, 09:43
That's great thank you very much for your help :), the corrosion isn't actually very bad at all as I have since taken it to another mot station and it was advised but not failed. I do however want to make sure everything is done properly on the car so will begin cutting soon :O.
thanks again
Will