PDA

View Full Version : Cannot bring myself to sell the willy

fab
14-05-2015, 00:39
I know its late like after midnight but I cant sleep.
Ferry booked for later on today to deliver the car to a buyer in France.

Just doesn't feel right to sell the car. Ive tried my hardest to justify what I could do with the extra cash but I only see money as digits in an account.
The willy is real. Its a part of me,10 years and its brought me so much happiness even if I don't drive it often.
I cant do it.

Think I'll catch that ferry anyhow and go for a drive8)

katbloke
14-05-2015, 06:34
Exact same reason why I've spent all that money on mine I couldn't part with it

Vandella
14-05-2015, 16:14
ive been in the position a few times where ive thought.. 'can I justify the money and time im putting into this?'.. I've tried to sell it twice.. both times I retracted the post.. it felt like the cheating missus I cant get rid of.. even thought she breaks occasionally and empties my wallet.. I love it to bits, and don't want it to go anywhere.... the feeling when its working and your on a nice road with nice weather..i feel is irreplaceable... for such a minor/small/cheap car, it carries so many good driving traits.. its not surprising that many people who have had one or even a valver, have nothing but good and thrilling memories.

I think even if I was offered £10k right now, I wouldn't want to part with mine.. although...:-k

walters300
14-05-2015, 21:12
I've been there. Do not sell and consider the car as financial value £0. Consider it as happiness value of infinite..

mack1
14-05-2015, 22:21
I was all ready to sell mine 8 years ago but was weirdly saved by the dreaded rot. I had photos and everything just needed an MOT. Went for MOT and it failed badly, the first since i bought it. I Didn't want to sell it but wasn't going to get a pram in the boot. Anyway it has become a long term project. Just bought a new welder. So plan to get really stuck in this year.
You won't find a car with the money you make that is as much fun.
I can sense your regret already. Go for a good stonk on your favourite roads and I'm sure you'll change your mind.

Daz.
15-05-2015, 13:23
I miss owning one but not my old one weirdly even though it was mint when I sold it. Only seen one or two to tempt me back in one but not enough to go through with it!

fab
15-05-2015, 14:57
Just a quick update.
I made it to France and not far from le mans.heading down towards the alps this evening/tonight.had a green mk1 trying to get jiggy with it but I was having none of it..but I gave him some hope:-)
But guess where I had to make a stop? Yep a Renault garage. Friggin wheel bearing let go on me this morning. Wouldn't mind it was a new one fitted but obviously done wrong.
It's the little things that happen like this that make me question is it worth it but its not the cars fault.

I'm meeting the buyer in the morning so will see how it goes. I had some spare cash on me to make it to my parents place in Italy but that's gone with the bearing.

I guess its just faith or destiny in the end chaps.if I have to let it go tomorrow then so be it.

Danno
15-05-2015, 19:27
I miss owning one but not my old one weirdly even though it was mint when I sold it. Only seen one or two to tempt me back in one but not enough to go through with it!

Your in denial Daz:)

walters300
15-05-2015, 20:12
The only thing I can say is- you can always buy it back and its in sunnier climes which will protect it, problem is if the guy will ever part with it. Also at what cost. I sold mine in 2000 and told the guy to ring me when he was selling it, I bought it back for half the price in 2005. I'd say you will be looking at the opposite scenario of double. If its not a sentimental value cherished car then you can always buy another when the time is right

fab
18-05-2015, 09:27
Thanks for all the words of encouragement lads.

She's gone to a good place and above all I believe a really deserving owner. He has the resources to look after it. I really could not have asked for better. He's like one of us.

And a credit goes to all those on the forum who helped out over the years. He put her up on a ramp to check before buying and it was perfect. No leaks and no rust!

Originally a French car shes done a full 360!

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7081&stc=1

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7080&stc=1

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7079&stc=1

P.S the gold is in the boot.:winkey:

One of my favourite pics and how I'll remember it:

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7082&stc=1

katbloke
18-05-2015, 11:07
Good to see she's gone to a good home

northy
18-05-2015, 12:33
did you get the new owner to sign up on here?

fab
18-05-2015, 18:18
did you get the new owner to sign up on here?

:spam:

Northy, you got an area rep job offer for left hookers and i'll apply.
Where should I send my CV?:lol: