PDA

View Full Version : Dreaded rust

welshwilly1
07-04-2015, 21:25
Hi I'm new to the Williams scene. Long story short I've bought a williams that needed some work. Today ive stripped the front end off and noticed it needs a new front panel and also where the wings attach behind the front bumper also needs to be replaced. Are these parts still available to buy and if so where from? Sorry if i sound like a moron but im new to this tapatalk and forum shit. Cheers

PhilW
08-04-2015, 08:19
Hi There,
there are quite a few replacement panels available, two sources of panels are;

www.carz2.co.uk
www.nicedeals.co.uk

Carz2 were the better supplier from my side as I had some damaged goods from nicedeals and they "walked away" from my problem, Carz2 have always been excellent. If yo go onto their website you will find a link for "Rust replacement panels" thats the one to choose. If you are having problems phone Patti, she is really helpful.
if you need any further help just shout, but the inner wing repair panels that you are after are available,

Phil

Dunc
08-04-2015, 09:47
Cheers PhilW for the links. Very helpful for me too!

Can the 3 door sills be made to fit the williams? I'm guessing a good bodyshop should be able to?

Dunc

welshwilly1
08-04-2015, 12:02
Thanks for the info phil much appreciated.

katbloke
08-04-2015, 17:11
Carz2 and nice deals supplied my inner front wings, inner and outer rear arch, sill and front bumper reinforcing, sill and arch were modified to make up the 30mm difference

PhilW
08-04-2015, 21:17
Yea, Katbloke knows what he is talking about! All his parts are on his car, mine (apart from the front inner wings) are still waiting to go on my car. As Katbloke says the sills that you will be supplied are for a 1.2 and are not flared, but a bodyshop will (should) nb able to do this - good luck 😉