PDA

View Full Version : clio 16v auxiliary gauge mainly regarding the oil temperature gauge.

chayg
29-03-2015, 20:14
hi [first time poster long time reader]

so i have minor problem and was wondering if someone could help me out, its regarding the auxiliary gauges. the oil level and oil pressure gauge work fine however the oil temperature gauge doesnt. i pulled the gauges out of the car today hoping it was a lose connection but no. from what i can gather [from a a little googling] the pressure gauge and the temperature gauge work off the same sensor?, if this is the case what are the chances that the sensor will work for one gauges and not the other?

any help fixing this matter will be very much appreciated. if you require any more info let me know.

thanks guys.

chayg
31-03-2015, 01:56
guys does the oil pressure sensor also read the oil temperature or is this a separate sensor?

chayg
31-03-2015, 16:54
is there a way of testing the gauges out of the car, to make sure the gauge is working and that the sensor is causing the problem?
also
does anyone know where the ground connection is located to the car for auxiliary gauges?

thanks guys.

Vandella
01-04-2015, 08:52
I presume you can by touching the terminals or passing current through.. to see if the gauge works/move at all.. couldn't tell you if they both work off the same sensor tho..

chayg
01-04-2015, 09:28
yeah i was thinking along those lines, but really don't wont to damage them in the process. if i hook up one of those little square battery's it should be ok right?

plus i ordered a new pressure sensor so once it arrives ill fit it and maybe it just might start working either way let you guys know.

oh and thanks for the reply.

chayg
04-04-2015, 16:14
anyone had any thought about where the oil temperature sensor is? has no-one else had this problem?