PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Bedford pls?

Jas
10-02-2015, 03:03
Hey guys

Quick hello. I'm currently debating buying a Williams or 205 GTI. I've been driving an M3 for 5 years and whilst its fast and capable its also slightly boring as the steering has no real feedback (well not as much as the 205 and 5 GT turbo of my youth) and only really gets involving at license loosing speeds as per most modern sports / performance cars.

So I'm now thinking of replacing the M3 with a combo of a hot hatch for daily use and a roadster (thinking of a VX220) for weekend blasts and the odd track day.

Unfortunately there aren't any Clio's up for sale near (Bedford) me so I'm hoping one of you guys might be nearby so as I can have a look around and take a passenger ride?

Thanks
Jas

DSilvaSport
10-02-2015, 23:35
This one is for sale in Peterborough bud - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281444440880?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A few quid tho.

What M3 do you have?

Jas
11-02-2015, 02:12
I have the E46 Coupe manual.

Thx

DSilvaSport
11-02-2015, 02:49
I've got the E46 manual conv. Whilst the engine is fantastic (minus the vanos issues!) its not really any fun unless you've got open A roads. It covers ground phenomenally quickly in total comfort but apart from the first few months of ownership I've had nothing but problems with mine so has tainted my view of them unfortunately.

Switching to a Williams will def be more fun and a more fulfilling driving experience (I prefer the Williams to the 182 Trophy I have too) - but you'll hanker for more power if anything like me.

Jas
12-02-2015, 21:50
I've had my M3 for a while and unfortunately don't get to use it much but I've not had any problems (touch wood). For me as you say the problem is it doesn't really come alive until you're really hustling it at stupid speeds but it is very rapid just not special enough to keep as a second car and a tad expensive to run as a daily.

Jas
12-02-2015, 21:55
Second time I forgot to say that the KGF add on piston heads for the same car says its sold.