PDA

View Full Version : Panels

Lew
26-01-2015, 11:57
Hi guys, will be turning my attentions to some bodywork issues shortly. Was wondering who to source sills from.
Car is W1 and I'm sure I read on here somebody recommending a panel supplier.

Gonna try and find a mk1 drivers door at a local breakers unless anybody has one lying around, Mat?

Cheers y'all,

Lew

Frimley111R
26-01-2015, 11:59
Keep and eye on eBay for doors etc.

PhilW
26-01-2015, 12:07
Hi Lew,

the two main suppliers seem to be;
Nicedeals.co.uk
carz2.co.uk

I have ordered a selection of parts from both suppliers, the sills from Carz2 are;
6031001 £24.98
6031002 £24.98

Lew
26-01-2015, 21:29
Nice one, thanks guys. Carz2 seem like a good bet for the sills but still struggling to find a clio mk1 o/s fr door.

Cheers y'all

Oh btw, progress coming along mechanically.

Had Front and rear Discs and Pads and rear wheel bearings. Rear Flexy brake hoses. Metal Brake Pipes. Front Top Strut Mtgs and Bearings.
Oil pressure switch, Header tank, Radiator, water pump, Altenator and belt, starter motor, battery Full engine service items.
Mostly just stuff to get it running and rolling so we can make an assessment of Transmission and Steering and Suspension.

Ongoing assessment of body but I'm told it's pretty solid just the door that the numpty crowbarred which would be nice to source and
fit as the other is taped closed kinda.

Keep you updated,

Lew

sk8xtrm
27-01-2015, 12:42
Sorry to ask a potentially daft question but I am looking for a sill for my car as I would rather replace it than patch it as it obviously looks better after but from what I understand isn't the williams/valver sill slightly different to that of the standard 3dr one. is the one above williams or standard 3dr, if so does the standard 3door one just need a trim to fit then? Thanks in advance :)

Vandella
27-01-2015, 13:23
the ones above will be standard panels and sills.. no 16v panels are available anywhere as far as i'm aware..

Yes you're correct in thinking they are different to the standard as the will need flaring out when they hit the rear arch after the door.. there are a few good project builds and should be able to find some pics on here to help.. unless someones got a link..

sk8xtrm
27-01-2015, 14:01
the ones above will be standard panels and sills.. no 16v panels are available anywhere as far as i'm aware..

Yes you're correct in thinking they are different to the standard as the will need flaring out when they hit the rear arch after the door.. there are a few good project builds and should be able to find some pics on here to help.. unless someones got a link..

perfect, thank you, its not a serious issue then, its only a patch by the lower sill I need but like I said would rather replace the whole thing. I will go digging through some project builds now :)

sk8xtrm
27-01-2015, 14:08
sorry to take over the thread but just wanted to thank Philw for the information however I cant find them on their only these ones:

http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=1_230_508&products_id=3441

but they are different to the ones we have, they look like the standard ones

Vandella
27-01-2015, 15:44
yes.. pov spec these ones.. the ones your after should be have the clear edging on the sides like the ones on mine.. if you can see.. lol

sk8xtrm
27-01-2015, 17:08
yes.. pov spec these ones.. the ones your after should be have the clear edging on the sides like the ones on mine.. if you can see.. lol

Thank you, the yellow ones on mine are the same as yours so all is well their, need to find some clear ones

I actually posted the above reply to the wrong thread so my apology if it doesn't make sense, it was actually meant to go into the one about fog lights :S sorry

katbloke
27-01-2015, 19:48
I got mine from carz2 just bear in mind theyll need modifying to allow for the difference in widhts between standard and the williams

katbloke
27-01-2015, 19:50
sorry to take over the thread but just wanted to thank Philw for the information however I cant find them on their only these ones:

http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=1_230_508&products_id=3441

but they are different to the ones we have, they look like the standard ones

2163 and 2164 are their sills and yes standard so will need flaring