PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issues?

Standaman94
19-01-2015, 14:36
W1 heater, front/rear window washers, rear wiper, high-beam flash, and headlight height adjustment do not work. Fuses seem to be fine but I haven't taken them out for a proper look yet.

The oil level gauge doesn't work and the back lights for the oil pressure and the exterior temp have gone.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get these sorted? The cold is killing me! :???:

Vandella
20-01-2015, 13:02
that's a fair list of gremlins.. do u get a noise when trying to make the washers squirt? could be the pumps in the washer bottle, they can sieze up.. rear wiper again.. do u hear the relay click to engage the wiper?
the heater.. does it blow or not do anything.. if its blowing cold air.. could be a few things.. id change/flush the coolant.. if this hasn't been done in a while the heater matrix for this can get blocked and fail.. could be a replace job.. cheap part but can be a ballache to replace..
headlight adjustment.. might just not be connected to the light units.. there are two stiff cables that run to the back of the headlight.. if they're attached.. its another problem.. the oil level gauge could be the sender for it.. not sure where this is tho.. and the back lights for these are easily replaced.. dash top off and clocks out.. replace the lamp.. hope this gives you somewhere to start.. but fuses would be the first step..

Standaman94
20-01-2015, 15:01
Checked all the fuses and they're all fine.

I don't notice any noises with the washer pump or rear wiper. The fan blows cold air out, doesn't do a lot on anything other than 3 though.

Also horn doesn't work. I'm hoping some of these are linked to an electrical problem so I don't have to replace pumps and motors and whatnot

16v_paddy
20-01-2015, 18:45
The fan only working on 3 will be the resistor on the fan motor itself, pretty simple to replace, it's under the skuttle panel. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heater-Motor-Resistor-for-Renault-Clio-1990-1998-/301474487756?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AClio%7CCars+Type%3AWilliams&hash=item4631479dcc

The oil level gauge sensor is on the engine block at the bottom of the dipstick