PDA

View Full Version : Question on Genuine wiring diagrams

DSilvaSport
17-01-2015, 18:40
Hi all,

I have been offered a 'genuine renault wiring diagram manual' for 1994 Clios (I have W1 - yet to find out if the W is included). Its £30. Is there a free source for something similar or is it worth getting - I am currently removing old alarms/immobilisers and sorting my wiring in my restoration.

thanks

DSilvaSport
17-01-2015, 19:24

Lots of these kind of routing pics, currently waiting on other info.

PhilW
17-01-2015, 20:55
Hi all,

I have been offered a 'genuine renault wiring diagram manual' for 1994 Clios (I have W1 - yet to find out if the W is included). Its £30. Is there a free source for something similar or is it worth getting - I am currently removing old alarms/immobilisers and sorting my wiring in my restoration.

thanks

Sorry not able to help you re the wiring diagram, just thought it was interesting to see that we are both at the same stage.
I have been trying to remove my wiring loom during my resto and have struggled, as everything I try to remove seems to have the Clifford alarm wires added to it.
I have been wondering if it was a good move to get the alarm stripped out and just use a decent immobiliser.
Do you have a Clifford alarm fitted?
Whats motivating you to remove the alarm/Imobi system from your car?
You planning on puttimg anything in its place?

This is the bit that I hate.......I really dont like messing with wires......Give me nuts and bolts any time, even rusted ones :grin:

DSilvaSport
17-01-2015, 21:22
I feel your pain brother. i've had the car 15 years - garaged for the last 6 or so. When i used to drive it I had loads of problems with alarm and immobiliser issues. It has a gemini alarm&immobiliser, tracker and a transponder immobiliser and its the gemini that used to cause the problems, it drains the battery, doesn't work when it should and works when it shouldn't - nearly missed a flight once because it decided to sleep for a while after pulling into a petrol station.

As a result of those 3 there are black unidentified wires EVERYWHERE! The transponder works great, insurance are happy with it and its no hassle so I want to keep that and might as well leave the tracker in place. It also looks like they are connected together somehow but this is prob because I haven't fully figured it out yet. I'm hoping the original central locking can just be reconnected as I go.

If it comes to it there is a ICE/security fitting shop just opposite my house - but I'd rather do it myself.

fab
18-01-2015, 10:00
Hi all,

thanks

What I find with electrical/wiring is that if you take your time with it you eventually figure out where everything is going and what its purpose is. When you start to remove electrical tape you can quickly tell standard wiring from something else.
In your situation I would have thought the manual for the alarm/immobilser would be more usefull to you than the actual car schema.
The Haynes manual whilst it is does not cover the williams specifically should have some schematics in it which I imagine would be very similar throughout the Mark 1.
Generally the central locking module is independant of an aftermarket alarm unless its been removed.
When I removed the alarm in mine the central locking continued to work however whichever way the installer had fitted the alarm it was connected to the ignition coil. The ignition coil is what I assume the alarm fitters look to disable. Some re-routing solved that problem quickly.