PDA

View Full Version : road tax query

FATBOY
04-12-2014, 18:38
just had my reminder through, so basically you can now pay monthly, but can you TAX for 1 month then cancel the DD and SORN the vehicle the next month if you so desire??? it says the DD will contuinue until otherwise notified by the owner of any changes.

16v_paddy
04-12-2014, 21:08
Yes but afaik there's a cut-off date of the 5th of the month. SORN it before that & all is well, on or after the 5th there's a good chance they will screw you over & make you pay for another month

stevie_b
05-12-2014, 15:51
Don't see why not Paul. I just SORNd two of my cars at about 11pm on 30th Nov (due to a dispute with the DVLA over something so I am giving up arguing and just SORNing cars I would usually leave taxed over winter so I get more money back than they are trying to supplement/fine for the other matter!) so I'll let you know how I get on. As far as I can see it is still like the old system in that it is whole calendar months that you pay for - so if you SORN on say 3rd of the month expect to still pay the direct debit for that month, but if you SORN on or before the last day of one month then there shouldn't be any charge/direct debit in the next new month.