PDA

View Full Version : tyres

gozziee
03-12-2014, 18:16
right guys the williams will back out for a play soon but needs tyres and i was wondering on 185'sor 195 / 50's. what do people think on the latter, is there much difference with the gap in the wheelarch and handling and whats the best sort to go for without spending a fortune...
cheers in advance

turbjj
04-12-2014, 22:38
The gap in the wheelarch is barely no difference. As for the handling, I can not help, because mine had really shitty 185's when I bought it, (nearly chrashed it on the way home) and I went for 195's Federal 595 RSR, they are really good (imo).
I have group A 16 inches with Toyo T1R to, they're even better but the acceleration is slight slower.

The 195's Federal's are quite cheap to and last long.

Vandella
08-12-2014, 10:37
you'll find 195's will be cheaper and more readily available.. I think u'll get abit more snap back to center after turning with 195's than 185's.. the 185 will be abit more skittish.. not much in it tho.. I've always had 195's on mine, so don't have a great deal to compare with.. my few pence...
T1rs are good for summer road driving.. would not recommend them for any wet/winter use tho.. I've just got some Michi PS3's at 195-50-15 from blackcircles...£48 a corner.. pretty good if u ask me.. and they seem to be quite good tyres.. got a 'A' wet rating unlike the toyo's 'Z' wet rating or what ever they claim to be..
there should be plenty of room under the wheel arch for 195's. although maybe a bit dependant on your suspension setup.

gozziee
10-12-2014, 21:22
thanks for the replies guys i will be getting them done after the new year when it goes for the mot..
suspension setup is standard by the way.!!

talkingfish
16-12-2014, 12:13
Depends on your preference - plenty written on here before on this... 185's give a softer ride, more steering feel and a greater overall "feel" of the handling of the car, 195's give more grip and a harsher ride, however are half the price!! If you are use to modern cars with lots of grip then 195's may suit you better, if you want the pure original Williams feel then go for 185's.