PDA

View Full Version : Water in sills

no_data
18-11-2014, 19:26
Can anyone help please. My passenger side sill is full of water after rain. If I drive forward or backward it sloshes back & forth like a wave!
This is when the Williams is standing so must be coming from above somewhere (not the rain, the leak) :winkey:
1. Where could it be leaking in as all the floors are dry
2. How do I get the water out

Many thanks
Jaine

PhilW
18-11-2014, 23:30
Hi Jaine,
You should find other posts on this issue in the forum, I'm pretty sure that the last person to have this problem found that the eater was getting in behind the rear quarter glass seals, leaking down into the rear wheel arch and the running into the sill.
If you have drain holes in the sills, clear them out with a suitable sized match stick etc.
If you dont have drain holes, you will need to drill some which you can deal with a rubber bung later.
If I were you I would let the water out and then find out where the sater is getting in and stop it.

northy
19-11-2014, 09:34
its either the rear window seals, getting in behind the side rub strips or if the outer arch has pulled away from the inner arch.

These cars dont need any help in rusting so get that water out ASAP!

bauderline
19-11-2014, 12:31
After the water has gone and sill has dried out pump with Waxoyl or Dinitrol, likely corosion has already set in so you will want to inhibit it somewhat. There are bungs on the inside under the plastic trim to give you access. 10 quid USB boroscope of fleabay can be used to inspect damage....

PhilW
19-11-2014, 14:36
After the water has gone and sill has dried out pump with Waxoyl or Dinitrol, likely corosion has already set in so you will want to inhibit it somewhat. There are bungs on the inside under the plastic trim to give you access. 10 quid USB boroscope of fleabay can be used to inspect damage....

Never seen a Boroscope before, what a great idea.
You should be on commission, I have just bought one :grin:

no_data
19-11-2014, 16:17
Thanks people, me & hubby will be checking it out at the weekend. Let you know what we find

tomolad20
01-05-2015, 23:15
My mate had same prob it was from a dodgy quarter panel to sill repair he had to drill couple holes to let it drain out. Was coming in from wheel arches when wet