PDA

View Full Version : Technical Manual

NickFr
01-03-2005, 13:23
Can anyone reccommend the best manual to buy ie haynes etc.. i need something that clear and easy to understand. I need to get up to speed on the ins and outs of the car. I know F**K All :oops:

KingStromba
01-03-2005, 13:31
Dont get the haynes its too badly written Nick.

Try www.m-fix.co.uk

Its £2.50 for a month, and alot of people have said it is a good site. I plan to join but i dont have a credit card.

MatBrown
01-03-2005, 15:41
I get on fine with most things in the Haynes manual.

Mat.

big hp
01-03-2005, 16:31
Haynes manual works for me.

KingStromba
01-03-2005, 16:55
Trust me, for a beginner Haynes is shite.

An exagerated example would be:

To remover the widget simply take out the engine, making sure to check the bobbet ratio and measure the drive thingy before simply unscrewing the widget, not forgetting the replace the whosit bolt to the correct tolerence.

Accompanied by a small picture showing nothing useful.

Swervin_Mervin
01-03-2005, 17:00
I can see KS point.

I was trying to do somethnig and it started off with remove the *** bolt. I was sat there going, yeah how?

Can't remember what it was.

It has been immensely useful to me though, and I'm a beginner.

NickFr
01-03-2005, 19:07
I will probably use both, it pains me to say this but technically I am :? I now have plenty of time on my hands to gen up.
TBH this is in large part due to you guys, there I was just minding my own business, not a care in the world, then bang I buy a willy and search the internet for a forum, full of interesting people who own the same. NOW I wake up in cold sweats, I don't eat, all I talk about is this damn car, I've even started to take things off it AND NOW I CAN'T GET THEM BACK ON!! :shock: I now realise that I know the square root of F***ALL about the simplest things, so if you get pissed off with my unintelligent stupid questions my therapist and I apologise.

KingStromba
01-03-2005, 20:03
LOL, get in there fella and get your hands dirty

big hp
01-03-2005, 20:30
The only way to learn is get your hands dirty. Digi pics at various stages if need be.

Failing that were here to help guide you put it back together :lol:

2 live
02-03-2005, 10:31
lol..aye mate.....best way to learn is to fuk up really n learn from ur mistakes.lol......or take more time but do it rite the first time....altho the latter is hard wen u need the car full time