PDA

View Full Version : break it or sell it?

lewis_willy2
02-09-2005, 16:46
wot is a valver worth in parts? im in two minds wethere to break it or still try and sell it?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/lewisredfern001/100_1240.jpg

northy
02-09-2005, 16:50
id sell it - you will get alot less grief.

Mattie
04-09-2005, 15:04
if uv got the time and space and u think ud get as much 4 breaking it as u wud 4 selling it.......break it! wud b a gd way 2 learn more about the engine etc if u were 2 break it!

TriO`
04-09-2005, 16:10
Has it got any mods ??

If you've got the time u should just hang in there for the sale to save the hassle of breaking it. But if your in need of cash then breaking it will give you some money soon as some ppl will want parts straight away. Saying that though you will probably be stuck with loads of shit after all the good bits have gone.

Zollo
04-09-2005, 17:08
Has it got any mods ??

If you've got the time u should just hang in there for the sale to save the hassle of breaking it. But if your in need of cash then breaking it will give you some money soon as some ppl will want parts straight away. Saying that though you will probably be stuck with loads of shit after all the good bits have gone.

I've done this with a 205 GTi and a R5 GTT and it's a pain in the arse. You'll be continuously working on the car, having loads of phone calls and people coming round, and instead of having a lump of money it'll come in drips and drabs and you'll just spend it as it comes and you'll end up with nothing at the end of it! You'll also be left with lots of shit, but you can just chuck them out.

Depends on the state of the car, but you'll probably get slightly more by stripping it. Can be satisfying doing it that way too. Try selling it first, and if that doesn't work out, strip it.

I'm tempted to do the same with my Williams, it's taking so long to shift :roll: