PDA

View Full Version : Front cup coupe struts/dampers.

fab
01-09-2014, 19:35
It is with regret I am putting these up for sale. Good reason though so here goes..

They are Williams fitment as the willy share's the same front track as the cup racers.

It is highly recommend that they are used with the coils that were supplied by Renault for these.
I have the specifications for the coils should anyone wish to have the coils fabricated and a company to make them, if you cannot find someone local to you. I got quoted £140 delivered for the coils.

As these allow you to set camber without using camber bolts,and these are both equal, they have been modified to allow camber adjustment equally on both sides. No worries.

Fresh top mounts,bearings and all the trimmings.

Asking price £160 + £20 or so for delivery.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/fabtrader/DeCarbonCoupe_zps16bfcfd1.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/fabtrader/media/DeCarbonCoupe_zps16bfcfd1.jpg.html)

16v_paddy
01-09-2014, 19:46
Pretty sure they're not Williams fitment as the cup cars had R19 wishbones for wider track and extra castor and valver fitment shocks to give 3 degrees negative camber. The Williams didn't exist when the cup racers were about

fab
02-09-2014, 10:47
Pretty sure they're not Williams fitment as the cup cars had R19 wishbones for wider track and extra castor and valver fitment shocks to give 3 degrees negative camber. The Williams didn't exist when the cup racers were about

Paddy, this is an item for sale thread not a discussion.If you want to have a discussion then please feel free to use PM.
Why is it every time I post quality items for sale on this forum people have to spoil it?

As far as I know the williams shares the same wishbone and drive shafts as the coupe.
If camber/castor is an issue then I'm sure the educated folk who would be interested in buying these will know how to work around that.

They are pricey I know but they are miles better than any cheap coilover under a grand.

16v_paddy
02-09-2014, 19:55
Just helping to correct a mistake is all, someone might buy them thinking they're willy fitment then have a mardy when they see crazy camber & unexpectedly chewed up tyres after fitting them & start criticising you for it :winkey:

fab
11-09-2014, 12:02
Not for sale anymore. Going into the storage box.
If ye come looking for them in the future I'm gonna fleece you on the price,especially you Lee.:razz:

16v_paddy
11-09-2014, 14:19
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Linus
16-09-2014, 21:47
Damn i was after new shocks for my Stock Cup car :( i should of yelled earlier i guess :(

fab
31-01-2015, 14:41
Sold.