PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Vs ITR

Tom16v
02-09-2005, 00:54
Very much doubt i'll be beleived but i managed to get past a ITR tonight. All be it very slowly! lol
Must say though it wasnt your norm itr though! It was a black M plate and not ure average itr shape? What engines in these one guys, anyone know?

Got a real shitty pic! lol

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Tom_White/ebay103.jpg

Andyvalver
02-09-2005, 11:59
As said on rsc they are a 1.8 that push out just shy of 190bhp and are very light for there size. Fast motors. I imagine one would pull a little on a 172 :D

Mark_Ritchspeed
02-09-2005, 13:49
If its a genuine M plate car, its probably much more likely a fake ITR based on a 1.8 GSR Integra. Still quickish, but not on the same planet as an ITR.

Chris n`nic
02-09-2005, 15:08
I had a Temple of Vtec vid with one doing a 1/4 mile and it did a 14.6 flatout..I really like them but they aren`t amazing after 60...on a track tho they are supposed to be awesome

Chris

Martin
02-09-2005, 17:40
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5367

I'd back one of the rapid hybrids to squeeze past tbh but only quick un's 'normal' ones would be beat I reckon.

P.K.
07-09-2005, 08:43
Never! :lol:

Swervin_Mervin
07-09-2005, 11:09
Errm. I would say most would get panned by the Teg TBH. And it would be in 3rd that they'd get panned.

Tom16v
07-09-2005, 11:18
Fair enough. Each person is aloud their own opinion

Not really bothered if i'm beleived or not. I must say my boss used to have a itr and when he drove my car he thought it would be evens if not quicker....

J o n
07-09-2005, 11:58
There's no way a valver would keep up with an ITR imo, not the DC2 anyway. The only one I have been up against is P.K's and it's RAPID, far far quicker than ANY CTR i have had a go with (and there have been a fair few, people off here can vouch for my CTR slaying). Paul may just have a rapid ITR, but I doubt it, they are all very fast as standard from what I have been told and having raced and battered a DC5 Teg these are more than a handful...

If a Williams with cams struggles and cant get past one then a valver wont. If you raced Paul's down the runway we went on I know what the outcome would be and it would be almost exactly the same as if I was having a do against a valver... smoked basically.

Like Mark says, prolly not a ITR, i've seen how fast valvers can go, even modded and unfortuanately it just wouldn't be fast enough...

Swervin_Mervin
07-09-2005, 12:06
Mr Shirmanator's was shifting a bit last night. :shock: :oops:

Martin
07-09-2005, 12:30
There's no way a valver would keep up with an ITR imo, not the DC2 anyway. The only one I have been up against is P.K's and it's RAPID, far far quicker than ANY CTR i have had a go with (and there have been a fair few, people off here can vouch for my CTR slaying). Paul may just have a rapid ITR, but I doubt it, they are all very fast as standard from what I have been told and having raced and battered a DC5 Teg these are more than a handful...

If a Williams with cams struggles and cant get past one then a valver wont. If you raced Paul's down the runway we went on I know what the outcome would be and it would be almost exactly the same as if I was having a do against a valver... smoked basically.

Like Mark says, prolly not a ITR, i've seen how fast valvers can go, even modded and unfortuanately it just wouldn't be fast enough...

Who's on about valvers mate? Hybrids are the case in point...

Swervin_Mervin
07-09-2005, 12:31
I reckon in 3rd most of the cars on here would get left by Paul's. A standard hybrid certainly would.

Martin
07-09-2005, 12:34
Well I have stnd(ish :wink: ) hybrid....I'll have a doo next time at a meet. If Paul hammers me fair play it's a feckin rapid motor!

Swervin_Mervin
07-09-2005, 12:41
It would be good to see that's for sure.

Tom16v
07-09-2005, 17:29
Do you all honestly think i have made this up thats the thing i wonder?

The Jesus its no valver well a valver with a 2.0l in. Not really many mods on it but does have filter,decat, exhaust and manifold and a few other bits and bobs. Before the mani it was rr'd at 144bhp @ the wheels. Its a quick car which when stripped i have seen late 5's to sixty and it pulls very hard through all gears even fifth. 8)

P.K.
08-09-2005, 14:56
Tom, I'd say looking at the reg plate on the ITR in the pic it could be a Jap spec which are approx 10 BHP more than the UK model. They are also a few KG's lighter. Did it have the twin headlights?

J o n
08-09-2005, 15:01
sorry Tom, I assumed you had a std/modded 1.8 valver! lol

in that case it would depend on your engine and the ITR's and how good they are... going from Paul's they would still be quicker... Paul, need a rematch, gonna have a look at me zorst situation tho... it's getting beyond a joke now, but tell thee what, it's popping and banging a HELL of a lot louder than ever.

remember the backfire on the runway? well they all seem to be like that now! :shock: :twisted: 8) :lol:

P.K.
08-09-2005, 15:10
LOL, when you started her up at your gaff it scared the **** out of me!
For those in to tech info checek the link out, it has some weight comparisons with the GSR, bear in mind when they mention 200BHP it's the Jap spec ITR. A hell of alot of work has gone in to the ITR....check it

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/DC2Type-R_comparison.html

J o n
08-09-2005, 15:43
hehe, it scares me everytime i go to start it too... but for reliability issues!

may go to powerflow for another zorst at this rate, but with custom decat... oh decisions decisions!

Chris n`nic
08-09-2005, 16:51
Get over to the NW meet on 20th Paul....I could do with a good tester for my new gearbox lol. Would love to see/hear your Teg as well!

Chris

Swervin_Mervin
08-09-2005, 17:21
He can give me a lift an all.

P.K.
13-09-2005, 17:27
No worries, I'll be there.

J o n
13-09-2005, 17:31
No worries, I'll be there.

Jackson 5!

... do i win owt?

2 live
14-09-2005, 13:19
a years free AA membership. :wink:

J o n
14-09-2005, 13:22
was hoping more for an increased rev limit ;)