PDA

View Full Version : Williams Security

Will16valver
11-07-2014, 11:36
As the Willy is now become rarer and rarer, id asume that most people are looking to protect their investments so im curious to know which securtity systems you guys use?
Have you stuck with standard? or gone out for an all singing and dancing alarm/imobiliser?

I am looking at getting a Willy 1 later in the year so ive been having a look about and unsure as what to go for.

Will16valver
12-07-2014, 21:24
Nobody got any suggestions?

ianbirch
12-07-2014, 21:43
I just use the standard alarm and immobiliser which appear to work fine... but then mine is always garaged at night and to be honest not often left anywhere.

Regards Ian

willy3ams
15-07-2014, 12:13
I use a clifford avantguard 5.5 cat 1 with tracker through gps. I also had intellistart installed (remote start)
Great alarm system but pricey.

Ayli Carper
15-07-2014, 12:56
I had a hell of a job removing what was I'm sure at the time of installation a great alarm system but, several owners down the line and instruction booklet lost and the last plip on its last legs with all sorts of buttons on it all illegible, it was a total drain on resources, sanity and also the battery.

If someone wants to steal it they will. I understand there are transporters that cloak trackers.

If I was to install a system now I'd insist on a passive security fob entry system, order fifteen copies at the time, and make sure I taped all of the details to the service record so it didn't get lost. Unfortunately the best security device is the stubbornness of the things to rise in value, but thankfully that keeps them within reach of people who want to drive them rather than put them in a museum / metaphorical bank vault.

There was once a letter about car security in Jalopy magazine: "Buy an Allegro and hand paint it with gold hammerite"

willy3ams
15-07-2014, 21:16
The moment my car so much as moves whilst I'm away it sends me an SMS message. I then can passively shut down the car safely, and track its location.
When immobilized only I can arm it again.
Good thing about this though. My insurance is alot less because of it.

16v_paddy
15-07-2014, 22:20
There was once a letter about car security in Jalopy magazine: "Buy an Allegro and hand paint it with gold hammerite"

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFiuNxS30t20nkdI1UQgZcvY6Whp72u capm7NazOdlDex2rZVLIw :lol:

Will16valver
16-07-2014, 10:51
Avantgauard 5.5 was one of the ones i was looking at.
I will certainly be getting a (current) top of the range system.

I think we might lose a bit of value if we painted a Williams with gold hammerite, although you couple reverse the color scheme and go with blue wheels...

FATBOY
16-07-2014, 21:24
TOAD AI606 alarm immobiliser with proximity alarm