PDA

View Full Version : Looking at PWL, Northampton....

TyHorse
19-06-2014, 15:42
Hi people.

After being bitten severely ith a shit tip evo I was sold last december (had to sell two months ago because of the rear end being totally rotted out, but still had an MOT??!) I have been on the lookout for a lovely new motor of late. Previous I have had a Swift Gti, and a Starlet GTT, bit of a JDM nut but that can change and so hatchbacks are well up my street, and to be honest I have had a softy for a Williams since the Max Power days of the 90s (im 28 )but let me assure you I like them standard not fibreglassed show ponied to hell.

So I have been looking and reading many a post about the Williams and have a budget circa 3k. There is this one at Northampton, and I have read also the history of it upon here, well looked after it seems and was previously massively loved. Does anyone know how this got to the dealers and if there were any other issues with it?

Main main bug would the old tin worm, but if arches are repaired as it has been mentioned, would this be an OK Williams to buy at about that price? Thinking about looking at the weekend. Or indeed if anyone has one going not up for sale yet, I would love to hear feedback!

Looks a friendly forum btw, the main Evo one was very up its own...

Cheers people

Tyler

FATBOY
19-06-2014, 20:34
my old baby :) owned her for 8 years!! loads of history, sold it to some poles from london for 1.6k and i think they sold it to a company which run the £1 car.com competition, which was won by a young lad from scotland, think he traded it in????? as insurance was too high..... arches i believe were all repaired when they put it up for the competition.... would love to see my old car again :) whats the asking price now?????

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/fatboy78/WILLIAMS81.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/fatboy78/media/WILLIAMS81.jpg.html)

TyHorse
19-06-2014, 21:59
Its up for 2995 from a dealers. It does look most clean and sorted but I guess a pic only shows you so much?

Also iv read the threads about it on here, your clio that is, and was wondering how bad were the rear rails? Was the underneath as you would expect for 20 year old car?

Cheers

Ty

FATBOY
19-06-2014, 22:15
as far as i can remember it was solid underneath, i only sold her cos a williams 1 came up at a good price. all the car needed was the rear arches doing... i had the wheels refyrbed, but i think they were done again.... but the cars history is bang on, and i always had her serviced, not sure if the old zorst was left on (i got a devil straight thru system, loud as fook im afraid) not sure if it was changed back to standard??? car also had a new alarm when i owned her :) check out the buyers guide on here, it will show you what too look out for (pitfalls) but i can guarantee the car is a genuine williams 3 :)

TyHorse
19-06-2014, 22:30
Hey dont be afraid about it possibly having the straight through on still haha, my old Starlet had a BuddyClub 2.5" straight through on, so slightly agrieving people's ears doesn't irk me.Well im sure im in for a treat then if its had said bits done, you think its a fair price for it?Ty

FATBOY
19-06-2014, 22:42
extremely, if its had the arches done and wheels refurbed! not sure what decals were used when the arches were done, but if there not spot on then we sell some spot on replica decals on here .... i think she must be on 120/130k miles????? but yes if its had them bits done then it is well worth a punt!!!