PDA

View Full Version : Coolant change

Dean250
16-06-2014, 21:58
I fitted a new coolant bottle to my second williams, originally it had a pink coloured coolant in that I flushed through with water then Type D coolant a few times, I then bled the system and kept topping it up with more Type D although after doing this numerous times it still keeps turning the green Type D coolant slightly off colour!! so far been through almost 15L of the stuff and i loads of water flushing it!!

anyone else experienced this? I think I will just have to get more coolant and go again!

16v_paddy
17-06-2014, 02:36
Get some of the cheap & nasty blue stuff from a factors, fill it with that crap, drive it, drain it, repeat with more, drain it again then fill with just water, drive it then drain again then fill back up with type D

Works a treat :winkey:

Vandella
17-06-2014, 11:28
Get some of the cheap & nasty blue stuff from a factors, fill it with that crap, drive it, drain it, repeat with more, drain it again then fill with just water, drive it then drain again then fill back up with type D

Works a treat :winkey:

^^ +1

Mines was a horrible rusty brown colour..

flushed through with water,
drove then emptied,
filled up with cheap,
drove then emptied,
flushed through with water,
filled with cheap again,
drove then emptied,
filled with water and drove then emptied,
then finally put type d in and currently months after still have nice green coolant!!

don't have to be as hardcore as this but it worked for me!!

Chris197F1
17-06-2014, 13:20
Any reason why my new coolant Ive had put in is pink? Im not assuming it should have been green lol

andreas395
17-06-2014, 17:53
Pink red is fine mate had that in my Williams 2 for years the red stuff is actually longer lasting I think 5 years

16v_paddy
17-06-2014, 21:07
Any reason why my new coolant Ive had put in is pink? Im not assuming it should have been green lol

Will just be the aftermarket equivalent supplied to the garage that did your car